1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Gravity Falls Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrBabySpencer, Aug 15, 2012.

1. MrBabySpencer

MrBabySpencer Active Member

Anybody A Fan Of This Show, It's About A Brother And Sister, Named Dipper And Mabel Pines Who Moved In With There Grunkle Stan For The Summer!!, I Like This Show And Was Wondering If You Guys Liked it Also!! I Like The Show For The Concepts And The Animation Of The Characters!! I've Only Watched A Few Episodes But It's Good From The Looks Of It!!, Whats Your Favorite Thing Of The Shows, Is It The Creatures?, The Comedy?, The Animation?, Write Down In The Comments Below On What You Like On The Show, What's Your Favorite Character, What's Your Favorite Creature, Anyways, Write Down In The Comments Below!!
    ShanaynayXD likes this.
  2. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

I made a thread on this like last month. It died. :sympathy: Maybe this one will pick up. :)
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

It's a new show... brand new. It usually takes a while for people to jump on something like that. Spongebob, Phineas and Ferb, Adventure Time, Regular Show... they weren't popular at first. It takes some people a while to get around to watching something, and I REALLY wish TV execs kinda knew that.

But anyway, I managed to see an episode, funny stuff. Looks like it's a great series so far. It's like a more kid friendly Regular Show. I really hope Disney gives this show its due. It's about time they went back to their TV animation roots.
    ShanaynayXD and CaseytheMuppet like this.
  4. CaseytheMuppet

It's funny, all the shows you mentioned are my favorites. :laugh:
    ShanaynayXD likes this.
  5. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I'm loving this show so much.

That's all I got.
    MrBabySpencer likes this.
  6. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Now that I have actually watched the show a bit, I can honestly say I do enjoy it. I still don't really like the look of the animation, but it doesn't ruin the show for me.

You know, the show kind of reminds me of Freaky Links for some reason
  7. Drtooth

I like the look of the animation. I missed round. For the longest time, everything was blocky, and that looked really cool and all, but I missed round, bulgy cartoon characters. I LOVE the Uncle's character design. It's like some sort of angry crossbreading of Squidward and Carl from Up.
  8. CaseytheMuppet

I thought I was the only one who like the animation! Even Phineas and Ferb is blocky.
  9. Drtooth

P&F is a playful blocky that has roundness in it. Not quite as blocky as say, Powerpuff Girls and Dexter's Lab (or even most action cartoons now), but the characters look weird in rotation... especially in merchandising.
  10. CaseytheMuppet

Oh, those two were definitely blocky! I used to love those shows.
  11. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I saw an episode or two, and I haven't decided if I like it or not. I think P&F is a funny show! (I like the episode where they're all back in time, and everyone acts like cave men/women, and it's almost like a silent movie but with music & sound effects!
  12. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Active Member

My girlfriend had introduced me to this show yesterday and I love it alot! (She asked me to draw the show's main characters, Dipper and Mabel, so I gave her a quick doodle.)

The animation style is very similar to Regular Show, even my gf thought it was a J.G. Quintel show at first! But that's no problem, it's very clean, cute and nice, just like the show itself, the writing and its characters.

I've only seen the first two episodes, but it looks really promising. Makes a great substitute for Fraggle Rock til I can find its second season.
  13. mo

mo Well-Known Member

BEST SHOW ON DISNEY CHANNEL! I watch it with my brothers all the time!
  14. CaseytheMuppet

Ha ha! Smile Dip! Love your avatar. :)
    mo likes this.
  15. Oscarfan

I love the theme song for this show.
  16. mo

mo Well-Known Member

thanks! I made it myself.
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  17. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I see that this show has gotten higher ratings than Disney's tweencoms, even in its own target demographic! Could there be some hope that kids 6-11 are starting to watch cartoons more often?
  18. Oscarfan

I just want a new episode. There hasn't been one in weeks.
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  19. Drtooth

I really hope it means the tweencom phase is over. Cartoons have, contrary to rapidly aging 80's and 90's children's beliefs, getting much better and therefore getting a better audience than they did 6 years ago. I've noticed more cartoons are going for the tweenage demographic now. Adventure Time, MAD, and Regular Show. Took Disney long enough to get their own show with that age group appeal.

I really hope this is just sweeps month episode stinginess like Kid's WB used to have (when they stretched 13 episodes out in a year). Disney needs this show to be popular. They need to get back into the TV animation game. They were one of the best studios, and Gravity Falls and Phineas and Ferb are proving it.
  20. MrBabySpencer

MrBabySpencer Active Member

I Agree With Ya, We Haven't Had One In Two Months, Well, Almost Two Months!! And Not To Mention, There's Not ANY Premieres In December Either, Is Disney Trying To Wait For Craig Mccraken's Wonder Over Yonder Or Something??, I'm Sorry, But I Don't Think I Can Wait That Long!! But If I Have To, Then I Will :fanatic: