The final "Farscape" shows...

Chilly Down

Reaction score
"What was the name of my favorite one, and the one my kids talk about ALL the time...where John had this cartoon dream about the crew, and it was done by Warner Brothers ala "Bugs Bunny/Road Runner" style?"

That would be "Revenging Angel." :smile:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Tom,

They actually made the characters into cartoon form ?
How did they look ?

I wonder if Disney buys Henson, Would they start Farscape back up again ?

It airs twice a day here, And three times Tuesdays !

see ya

Chilly Down

Reaction score
The style of animation was very influenced by old Warner Bros. cartoons. I heard a rumor that this was the last thing Chuck Jones supervised before his death, but I didn't see his name on the credits. The animation was actually done by EM.TV. The likenesses were pretty good; I think I might actually prefer this style of animation (as opposed to anime) if Farscape became a cartoon series.

Regardless of whether Disney or someone else owns Farscape, the problem is the same: that other networks view the show as "the Sci-Fi Channel's used junk." :frown: It's going to be an uphill battle for them to get anything on the air, whenever this buyout thing is over.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a reminder, Farscape season 4 concludes tonight. It will likely be the series finale as well. Check it out tonight at 8 pm eastern and 12 am eastern. Let us know what you think.

wolfy

Reaction score
AAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I cried!

How COULD they end it like that?

And what's with the "To Be Continued" stuff?

When? Where? What channel? How?

Too many questions, totally unanswered!!

Oh, and Pilot...poor, dear, wonderful Pilot...again, I cried...

I'm emotionally drained...completely, emotionally drained...
wolfy

Chilly Down

Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! is right.

It's not the creators' fault. I can't believe Sci-Fi wouldn't let them wrap this up. The episode was FANTASTIC right up until that last scene.

(I should note, though, Wolfy, I think you misunderstood something. Pilot was hurting from the transfer, but I got the impression he would be all right.)

Maybe there'll be a movie or an anime series, but I don't hold out much hope with all this buyout nonsense. Besides, Sam Beckett from "Quantum Leap" never made it home. "Sliders" ended on an unresolved cliffhanger. I guess I'm just going to have to get used to the idea that every show I ever like is going to have a bad ending.

I'm never watching this stupid network again.

:mad: :frown: :eek: :boo: :grouchy:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think most of this episode last night was written and shot before the news of Sci-Fi's cancellation came down last September. So it's not like this is how they wanted the show to end. Sci-Fi decided it would end this way.

I thought the thank you to the supporters of Farsscape at the end of the show was kind of a slap in the face since Sci-Fi isn't even allowing a proper conclusion to the series.

wolfy

Reaction score
I don't really think it was a "slap in the face" to the viewers, Phil.

I think the people from "Farscape" honestly do thank the viewers for their loyalty and patronage.

What I think is a slap in the face, though, is that Sci-Fi feels that "Farscape" isn't really good enough for them to put on their channel...

For some reason, they feel that moving the show from it's great 9 p.m. Friday night time slot to 10 p.m. Friday, opposite NBC's heavy hitter "Law & Order, SVU," just to help "Stargate - SG1" make it's debut and pull in some viewers. That wasn't nice of Sci-Fi to do in the first place.

Then Sci-Fi seemed to make out like "Stargate" was getting better ratings (okay, some of "Farscape's" viewers did leave because of the time change, but was it so many the ratings fell THAT drastically?) than "Farscape," and started rumbling about the cost of the program vs the amount of revenue it was bringing in.

THEN comes the "the show costs too much," "we can get better effects and ratings with American-made shows like 'SG-1'" and all that crud that I heard was going around that Sci-Fi allegedly was saying to "Farscape," which made things worse.

THEN...the death knell..."we aren't going to renew your contract," "we have less costly shows lined up that we think viewers will enjoy more." "we're cancelling the show as of this season..."

"Farscape" fans have been working their collective rears off to save this show, and to what end? Only to have Sci-Fi ignore their pleas and end the show with no hope or knowledge of having it on another channel.

We have the rumors of a movie, a miniseries, animated series and comics to live on, but even the "Farscape" magazine ended with the March 2003 issue; is this really hope of a future of some kind?

Personally, I will not watch Sci-Fi any more. I only watched it for two programs (currently): Twilight Zone (original shows) and "Farscape." When "Quantum Leap" was on I'd watch them, because I LOVED Scott Bakula who played "Sam." When I was single I wanted to marry someone just like him...sweet, kind, good looking, understanding...a doctor...

Since neither of those programs are on any more, and I am not really into "Twilight Zone" much any more (I can see it at noon?), I have no need of the Sci-Fi channel.

Besides, I don't have any love for "Dune," "Children of Dune," "Rivertown" (or whatever it is called), "Tremors" (a waste of film as far as I'm concerned, all three movies and now the show, which I will probably get flak about from it's fans) or whatever other show they might put on in place of "Farscape" or on most other nights...

Oh...I guess I do like "Mystery Theater 3000." Does that come on Sci-Fi? If so, darn. I'll miss that...

And Chilly, I know that Pilot was all right after he and Moya regenerated, but he was in such pain when he was being cut away from her in the first place. I remember what pain he went through before, both when he became part of her and when they were torn apart once before. Pain for both of them. And he was being so noble and self-sacrificing about doing this for John and the crew...

THAT'S what made me cry...
wolfy

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wasn't in any way saying that the "slap in the face" was from the Farscape cast, it is from Sci-Fi for the way they have handled this mess. The cast and crew have been amazing to the fans during this time.

I totally agree with you that changing the timeslot played a roll in the shows demise. What was even worse was taking the show off the air totally for 4-5 months, then adding it again last summer, then yanking it off again until January. Sci-Fi could have at least shown re-runs on a more regular basis instead of showing nothing in the down times.

wolfy

Reaction score
RE: the "thanks" at the end of the show...

Oh...okay, I think I must have misread how you meant it. Sorry.

And yes, the way they kept yanking the show, putting it on again months later then pulling it again for weeks on end WAS a horrid way to do things to both the fans and any new viewers of "Farscape."

My husband feels that what Sci-Fi did was barely short of sabotage to the show, for whatever reasons they did it for...

All I know is that I had to agree with whomever said they wouldn't watch Sci-Fi again...I have no REAL reason to, now, as "Farscape" was the best show there was on the air for that station!

By the way...what the HECK happened to Scorpius and Zu? I know that John sent them somewhere (with a bomb attached to Scorpy's bod), but were they on the Scarren ship that met them in the wormhole, or did they die somewhere else?

I am so confused...!
wolfy