The Daily Chronicle

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
About Angela:

Hello, everybody,

I, Angela would like to present to you as the co-founder, and one of the editors of The Daily Chronicle. I was pretty psyched to start this new project to bring out the Muppet dominance, and their recognizable chracterizations. I am along with our co-founder, Kelly as we continue forward Jim Henson's legacy.

I've been so darn crazy about The Muppets! I've been such a long time fan; my fandom was not in its prime, until Spring of 2005 when I bundled up with my family to watch the premiere of The Muppet's Wizard of Oz. The movie had given me the inspiration to contribute my hopes and dreams into the puppetry field. It was a whole new beginning to loved then, now, and forever.

I am currently a High School graduate, a catering hall employee, and a big, big Link Hogthrob fan!

If anybody has any questions or concerns, please, give Kelly or I a holler!

~ Angela A.

(TDC Staff Member)

About RedPiggy

Salutations:
In a fit of absolute genius (I suppose, since I'm not one and thus have no real qualifications to evaluate the nature of said genius), me (Kelly, if you'll recall) an' Angela (LinkiePie<3) would like to start this, The Daily Chronicle. Oh, what is it, you ask? I would suppose that we will be The Onion to your regular, realistic Muppety newscasts. In other words ... we will be having fun having various Muppety reporters write stories that bear no relation to reality whatsoever, only the reality in our heads (if you want, I can get you some anti-anxiety or anti-emetic pills in my drawer, LOL).

As cofounder and editor of this fine publication we just made up last night (or was it this morning?), I would like to introduce myself. You see, I'm a nurse in my 30s and have yet to relinquish my concrete grip on the Hensonian universe. If Hensonism or Kermitism (a subdenomination of Hensonism, I reckon) would exist as a real religion, I'd consider joining. It is our goal to make people happy. Actually, according to psychological studies, all I'd have to do is pry your mouth into a smile and you'll automatically feel happier, but let's hold off on that for a moment (I forgot my pliers) and focus instead on imagining that The Daily Chronicle, first noted in The Great Muppet Caper, is a real ... whatever ... and we took over from Tarkanian or Tuckensington or whatever the cool grouchy guy is from the movie. Me an' LinkiePie<3 thought this would be a great way for not only we editors, but also for all our Hensonian reporters (who naturally had to phone in their articles via human volunteers), some of whom recently wrapped a movie (probably with that stupid medical tape I can never rip off) and could use some work. So, read, enjoy, participate!

~~~

Brief MC Introduction:

:smile: Hello, everybody,

Kelly (RedPiggy), and I (LinkiePie<3) are now teamed as an editorial duo to manage the creativity, imagination, uniqueness, and our already established canonical characters' inner-voice, personalities, creative lifestyles, and etc, etc, of our forum newspaper: The Daily Chronicle.

Like what Kelly said: Have fun! Read! Write! Praticipate! Enjoy! Wocka, wocka! :big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

~ Angie (TDC Staff)

http://thedailychronicle.proboards.com/index.cgi

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Yes, we'd love to hear from you! It's not quite an RP, and it's not "real" Muppet news, LOL. Think of it as The Onion or something similar. YOU get to make up news stories, ads, etc. Other than being no more than what you'd see in canon anywhere in the Hensonverse, there really aren't very many rules. Just be in character (or be yourself, that's cool too). If you can think of stuff we haven't ('cause probably we haven't seen it and thus couldn't figure out how to start it off), be sure an' give a shout-out to your Hensonian fandom. We seek to be an Equal Opportunity (Fake) Employer. It's not Muppets-Only. It's not Creatures-Only. It's a "if Henson's name was slapped on it at any time, it's cool with us" thing. No continuity to worry about, no "owning" characters (other than yourself and any OC's you invented), no real point other than our (and your) amusement. Go for a thought-provoking article or a silly short sketch about numbers or something. It's all good.

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Please Read!!!!

1. You can report as yourself or as established characters from any property Henson slapped his name on (even obscure characters need love). If you want a Fraggle and a Goblin to debate the ethics of the Skekses ... go for it. Just try to stay in character if you're using established characters. It's not like we're gonna hang you out to dry or anything. After all, this is a nice way to practice hearing their voices in your head without trying to come up with major plots like in a fanfic or something. It's not like Sam the Eagle can't do a swimsuit commercial ... just make sure it works out so that it fits his personality. This "news" site will refuse to take itself seriously, but, seriously, characters should be at least RECOGNIZABLE.

2. You can write in script or prose, though scripts kinda imply we're watching a video of it, whereas prose is more like reading an article. And, hey, if you're so awesome you can make your own vids, link 'em here. (maybe?)

3. Since none of us owns the characters we'd be using (OC's and ourselves not included, obviously), why own characters here? Everyone's free to any character they wish. Unless it's later decided to develop a sort of continuity, our own little universe, let's just make funny stuff for funny stuff's sake. If someone has Earl Sinclair eat a rabbit tomorrow, don't go off on some long rant that YOU made him eat nothing but fish yesterday. Let the characters have their scenes and leave the ego out. Unless you're getting paid to have a character's name mentioned, there's no reason to get all jealous an' stuff.

4. Dark things happen. However, there's a fine line between Muppet dark humor and, say, Kelly's brand of dark humor, LOL. Dinosaurs eating little mammals is par for the course ... it's just ... well ... this isn't rated R. No blood, no gory dismemberments, no bodily juices. Ick, man, ick. If you could give Big Bird nightmares ... probably best to leave it out.

Thank you for reading, and thank you, Kelly for managing our game rules.

~ TDC reporters

RedPiggy

Reaction score
We'd like to welcome Gold Demona as a nifty new participant. Three people down, 6 billion left to go. :smile:

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Welcome, Gold Demona. :smile:

Check out the Help Wanted board to participate. We're glad you'd be there! Cheers! :big_grin:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
We're also very happy to have frogpuppeteer join us. That's FOUR, FOUR people! Let the awesome begin! Again, this isn't about forming our own messed-up little club. We want to be a feature here, too.

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Thank you WhiteRabbit, and BeakerBoy12 for joining our forum! Welcome! :smile:

Check out the Help Wanted board to participate. We're glad you'd be there! Cheers! :big_grin:

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Thank you DramaQueenMokey for joining our forum! Welcome! <3 :smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Excerpts from The Daily Chronicle ...

My Fair Lady

A dirty street is crowded with lots of people, monsters, and grouches.

Grouch Lady (trying to sell flowers): 'Ey, getcher flowers here! Watch it, loser!

Count von Count: Ah, you are selling flowers! How vonderful! I would like four, four flowers, ah ah ah!

Grouch Lady: Alrighty, four flowers ... that'll be ... uh ... sixty cents.

Count von Count (surprised): Oh, no -- that cannot be!

Grouch Lady: Too much?

Count von Count: No -- too little! How can such vonderful flowers be so cheap? It hardly seems ... fair. They are so pretty. I insist you be paid more than such a mere pittance!

Grouch Lady: "Fair"? What's "fair" mean?

Count von Count: Vy, it means an equitable situation!

Grouch Lady (frowning): Can ya explain it in fewer syllables?

Count von Count (thinking): I ... I must pay vat it is vorth?

Grouch Lady (nodding with understanding): Aaaah, I see! Well, since ya wanna be "fair" ... I guess I can be "fair" too! Gimme what ya think ya owe me, Mistah.

Count von Count (hands her a twenty dollar bill)

Grouch Lady (in awe): Wow. That's a good cache o' cash dere. *grins* Okay, here's a "fair" exchange. *tramples the flowers and then hands it to him* Dere ya go ... now we're even.

Count von Count (devastated): How ... how can you do this?

Grouch Lady (shrugs): Well ... pretty flowers are worthless. They're only good if they're ruined. Don'tcha start whinin' or nothin'. I've been only "fair".

Count von Count (sobs as he walks away)

The scene cuts to Alistair Cookie as he sits on a plush armchair in a well-decorated living room next to a fireplace.

Alistair Cookie (sipping some tea): Ah, what is "fair"? "Fair" is difficult to explain. Moral of the story? Don't assume grouches agree with you about what is "fair".

*shows Janice playing a girl who's having trouble playing the guitar*

Floyd Pepper: Does tryin' to play the blues give ya' the blues?

*shows Zoot sleeping*

Dr. Teeth *offscreen*: Wake up!

Zoot: Oh... uh... *now in character* I'm so sad!!!

Floyd Pepper: Well, now you will never have to feel those feelings again! Because now you can go to the Electric Mayhem School of Music! The only place where you can learn to play like Janice, groove like Dr. Teeth, rock out like Animal, and maybe even grow a beard like me!

Dr. Teeth *narrating, while pictures of the classrooms and students are shown*: You can take classes like Funk Appreciation, Rock 101, Honors Jazz, and more!

Floyd Pepper: And if that's not enough, we've hired someone to tell you how much they like our school even though they've never been to it!

Kermit the Frog: You heard Floyd... this school is great!

Floyd Pepper: Plus if you come right now we'll give you.. uh... this guy!

Walter: I'm here with the Electric Mayhem! Eeeek!!!!!

Dr. Teeth: Anyway, uh... to enroll in the Electric Mayhem School of Rock and get that guy, call the number on your screen!

*the number is shown*

Floyd Pepper: So come on down right now!!!

*cut to: Statler and Waldorf*

Statler and Waldorf *in unison*: Even we like it!!!!

*Cut to: Animal*

Animal: COME NOW! COME NOW!

*Animal's head hits the camera ending the commercial*​

____________________________________________​
~Sal accidently spills a pot of Johnny Fiama's ma's marinara sauce~

Johnny Fiama: Aw, Sal! That was ma's sauce.! Now, how are we going to enjoy our Italian consumption of rigatoni? *shrugs* Sal?

Sal Minella: I-I-I'm sorry, Johnny. But, I'll it up to you...

Johnny Fiama: *raises an eyebrow* Yeah?

Sal Minella: It made not be homemade by Johnny's ma, but we can now enjoy our pasta with this! Da-da-na-naaah... *reveals the Dolmio Sauce*

Johnny Fiama: *skeptical response* That's not ma's sauce.

Sal Minella: It isn't ma's sauce, but, it's good. You should at least try, tonight. Our dinner would be more enjoyable with a jar of Dolmio sauce. Try. Just try.

Johnny Fiama: Eh. Okay, Sal. If you insist. *takes a tiny proportion of Dolmio Sauce, smacking his lips* Mmmm... I love it! It makes me wanna sing...

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool
That's amore
When you dance down the street with a cloud at your feet
You're in love
When you walk down in a dream but you know you're not
Dreaming signore
Scuzza me, but you see, back in old Napoli
That's amore

Sal Minella: That's... great to hear, John. Are you singing to me? That's lovely to hear, Johnny? Johnny?

Johnny Fiama: *psyched* I can go on all day!

Annoucer: Dolmio Sauce. "Wheres'a your Dolmio today?"

So, there are three examples. It's not all just skits. It's also articles, whether serious or parody. I'd also like to see pics and vids included eventually. We would love to make this a true companion to MC. :smile: