1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Test Video

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Mo Frackle, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I hate to shamelessly advertise, but I could use all the help I can get with this. So here's my first puppet video. Really nothing spectacular, just a mere test to see how things will look on camera. In the near future, I'm hoping to get a little more creative with video ideas (and hopefully build up the courage to give characters voices, and from there, actually develop a character).

Anyhow, I'm far from a professional, but I know that with enough years of practice, experience, etc. I can be. I did try my best to keep the puppet focused on the camera (I used a monitor for this), and I also tried to stay out of shot. Right now, I think my performance is a mixed bag of 'too stiff' and 'too filled with unnecesarry movements', but again I'm not a professional. So any comments, guidance, critiques, likes, whatever, feel free to give 'em out.

2. Mo Frackle

Something I forgot to mention, I had to use a webcam for this, as I don't have a camera. My screen had to be adjusted a certain way so that I could see what I was doing, and stay out of shot at the same time.
  3. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Pretty good!! Can't wait to hear your voices for your puppets! Are you planning on building your own characters? I'm excited to see more videos!!! YAAAY! :)
  4. Mo Frackle

Thanks. For now, no I'm probably not going to build any puppets. I'd like to, but I don't have as much time as I'd like. But the original builders of the puppets I'll be using will always get the credit they deserve.
  5. CaseytheMuppet

Oh, I understand. Congrats for trying this out!!! I'm also trying to puppeteer. I have my own YouTube channel, which at this point, is as far as I can go. :)
  6. Mo Frackle

Oh yeah? What's your channel name?
  7. Zoot the Saxer

Zoot the Saxer Active Member

Not bad, not bad at all! I love the end when he slinks down out of the shot, something about it made me laugh. (That's a pretty groovy puppet, by the way. What's it made of...?) :D I, too, am a puppeteer. I actually did this once; I made my moose puppet sing along to some Led Zeppelin song, I think. Anyways, thumbs up! :)
  8. Mo Frackle

Thanks. The sliding down actually wasn't intended (or at least wasn't supposed to have been included), but I'm glad it made you laugh. As for what it's made of, I'm not entirely sure myself. Though it seems to be the usual foam and fabric-type puppets (the fabric has a rougher look to it, sort of like early Kermit puppets).
  9. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet. :laugh: Thanks for your interest! :)