Tales of Muppetland!

BradFraggle

Reaction score
These three specials need a DVD release...soon.

Come on Disney!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I remember in Hey, Cinderella that Splurge had a thing for Radishes!

Hmm. I wonder if these guys ever had an inflatable cousin---> :smirk: :excited:

MrsWembly

Reaction score
HEY!!! That's right SuperScooter!

“What does this nose remind you of? A radish?” :smile:

DTWolf

Reaction score
I'm totally in favor of a DVD release for these three. I'd snatch them up first day in the stores.

I haven't actually even seen the Musicians, but I've got the Frog Prince and Hey Cinderella on VHS. A friend and I will periodically sing a line or two of the song "Sweetums Lay Your Ugly Head" as a wonderful in-joke or intone "Radish?" in a pseudo-Splurge voice. Great, great shows.

"Bake the hall in the candle of her brain!"

JJandJanice

Reaction score
My fave would have to be the Frog Prince, although sadly I don't really remember MMOB too well. So really just between "Hey Cinderella" and "Frog Prince," FP would be my fave.

I have both "Hey Cinderella" and "Frog Prince" on VHS, which I still wacth from time to time. I've seen Frog Prince on Ebay and amazon from time to time and I've seen it go for as good as $26, which is pretty high for an old used VHS. So that's a little bit of proof that people want these, so a DVD release would be very good for Disney. If only they knew,:zany:

Kiki

Reaction score
I have every Tale of Muppetland. Theyr'e all fuzzy-looking :stick_out_tongue: except The Muppet Musicians in Bremen, which is in great condition. :wink:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
The only one I haven't seen is The Frog Prince. I really oughta find it.

The Muppets Musicians of Bremen is really very good. For the most part, though, the voices are done by people other than the Muppeteers. (Jerry and Jim use their voices for a couple of characters, but that's about it)

MrsWembly

Reaction score
I know Jerry did the voice of T.R. the Rooster

“No funeral, no coffin....just dumplins.”

And Jim did the voice of Mean Floyd. I always laugh at Mean Floyd. Jim cracks me up with that one!

“Please don't hurt me Mr. Ghost!” “Why you aint no ghost, you're Rover Joe!”

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
My favorite part of Hey Cinderella! are Jerry and Frank as the two step sisters, they are hilarious. Especially when deciding what present to give to the King. In order to find out what the richest person in the kingdom wants, they ask the poorest person in the kingdom (Cinderella) what she would want. Then they'd buy the opposite gift for the King. Cinderella says she wants a new hair ribbon.

Stepsisters: "The opposite of new is old, so whatever we get should be something old!

"A hair ribbon's something you wear on the top of your head, so we should get something you at the bottom of your feet."

"...Socks!"

Stepmother: "Wonderful! The perfect present for a King. The opposite of a new hair ribbon...old socks!"

Lol, classic Muppet humor from the beginning!

MrsWembly

Reaction score
My favorite character in Hey Cinderella is the king. He is hilarious! I love at the end where the fairy godmother makes the king appear instead of Cinderella and he's drinking wine.

“WOW! hey Featherstone, get the name of this stuff and order a case of it.”