Symptoms of concussion

Gloworm

Reaction score
I was just womdering if any of you happened to know. You see, I was whacked of the top of the head several times with a French Dictionary on Friday, It hurt a lot and I've had a headache ever since despite taking painkillers) I'm also feeling very slow and confused, I just spent a while trying to hang up the phone in the kitchen before realising we hang it up in the dining room. Perhaps I'm just having a bad day or perhaps the thought of concussion is making me think things that aren't real. Who knows. But if any of you you have any ideas, don't hesitate to tell me. I intend to walk into school on Tuesday and tell my dear friend Jo that he has caused me concussion from french whether or not it is true. He deserves to be acused the haddock...

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
If you think it's as serious as a concussion,don't take it lightly.Try to see a doctor,as soon as you can.It's not fatal,but just to make you feel better,and to actually find out what is going on.Hope you feel better.Apply a ice-pack onto your head,at least,might help your head.:smirk:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I had a concussion aboout 15 years ago when I was 7. I'd suggest you go see a doctor to see what he/she say's. I remember I was down on the ground and could not do anything for days. I even had a purple eye that changed to black because of the concussion.

ryan

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Sounds bad, I hope you feel better soon. Hopefully its not serious.

Just one question. Why did you get hit in the head with a French dictionary? Did it fall on you?

Beebers

Reaction score
Gloworm said:
I was just wondering if any of you happened to know. You see, I was whacked of the top of the head several times with a French Dictionary on Friday
A concussion occurs when one strikes one's head hard enough that a section or sections of the brain's surface bounce against the inside of the skull. Symptoms of concussion can be blurred vision, disorientation, nausea and/or vomiting, and blackout, or any combination of those. If one suspects concussion see a doctor right away, and do not lie down to sleep.

It's doubtful that a dictionary would inflict concussion - you were probably disoriented by the sheer shock of a friend using a lofty tome in such fashion - and it would have hurt extra because it was French LOL. You'll be fine.

I'd get him back with a nice smelly wheel of Limburger cheese in his locker. Would be a start.

:smile: :big_grin: :smile:

Whatever

Reaction score
That is NOT the purpose of a foreign language dictionary, LOL. I use my German dictionary as a security blanket. And I keep random notes stuffed in it, such as my mom's cell phone number and the name of my best friend's brand of perfume. It's very handy in these functions.

Fozzie Wozzie

Reaction score
I got a concussion at the end of last summer. I couldn't remember words, I had a severe migrane, and I was vomiting. :smile: Fun, fun! I ended up going to the doctor. Thats the thing to do. Or, if it gets bad enough, go to the emergency room. :concern:

Beebers

Reaction score
Whatever said:
That is NOT the purpose of a foreign language dictionary, LOL.
What? Can that be true? I am shocked, shocked I tell you. They're handy as doorstops too.

:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

Beebers

Reaction score
Whatever said:
I use my German dictionary as a security blanket.
But it's a pain gluing all those pages together to make a big enough blanket lol.

:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin: