1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Styrofoam...

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Zoot the Saxer, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Zoot the Saxer

Zoot the Saxer Active Member

Hi, everyone! I am new to puppet building and have been trying to make my own for the past couple months. However, I haven't been able to find some cheap, pliable materials, specifically foam. As well as this, I was unsure of how to construct a proper functioning head. I tried to use some foam somewhat resembling the pictures at the bottom, but both were expensive and hard to shape or sew...It would be greatly appreciated if someone could give some advice on foam...hope this was the right place to post and there wasn't already a thread like this!

Thanks!
    :D

[​IMG][​IMG]
  2. LeahXZoot4Evur

LeahXZoot4Evur Well-Known Member

I never made a puppet before, but I think you use both
  3. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

I would start with going through any of the forums regarding puppet building or building materials. But as far as foam, I would try Joanns or another fabric store and look for 1/2 polyfoam. And buy a hot glue gun also, you want to glue the foam into pattern shapes, not sew it...
    Zoot the Saxer likes this.
  4. Zoot the Saxer

Zoot the Saxer Active Member

Thanks guys, I'll look into it. :)