STUPIDEST classic Sesame Street skit!

mikealan

Reaction score
Hey, guys. I am such in a really bad mood now. I think one of the classic skits from episode #536 really bothered me when I want to focus in school, which I changed my mind of it.

It was the animated and live-action segment about the letter D. I think it is just dumb, because as I remember it, it never said "dogs" in the whole skit. First the voice off-screen says, "This is the letter D!" as the large purple D rises up. Then it fades to all of the animals that start with D like donkey, deer, dolphins, ducks, doves, dalmations, dashshunds, dragons and dinosaurs. That part bothered me so much. It's so annoying. Then fades to the people that start with D like doctors, dentists and daddies and then we see the D squatting down and changes colors. Then there are other things we also do like drawing, writing a diary, playing a drum or just down the dandylion fields and daydream. Ohhh...I hate daydreaming in school. Then, the D changes colors and turns back purple and that's the end.

I THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD, BUT I THINK IT WAS REALLY STUPID BECAUSE IT NEVER SAID "DOGS!"!!!!!!

What vintage skits did YOU think were really, REALLY stupid?

muppetfan620

Reaction score
I thought one of the stupidest ones was for the letter G. You know, the one where the guy says:

"This is a letter G. G is a very useful letter. It's the first letter in the word GGGG-- As I was saying, G is the first letter in the word GGGG Ahem! Now then, the letter G is the first letter in the word, in the word- GIGGLE! HAHAHA"

Stupid, not to mention annoying! :mad: :attitude: :grouchy:

mikealan

Reaction score
Originally posted by muppetfan620
I thought one of the stupidest ones was for the letter G. You know, the one where the guy says:

"This is a letter G. G is a very useful letter. It's the first letter in the word GGGG-- As I was saying, G is the first letter in the word GGGG Ahem! Now then, the letter G is the first letter in the word, in the word- GIGGLE! HAHAHA"

This skit is animated. It can be found on the Season 30 episode where Big Bird and Snuffy want to do something together in Big Bird's house!

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
:rolleyes: Oy ... first there was this thread, now there's this one ...

:attitude:I ask you: how many threads do we need on such topics?

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
Originally posted by mikealan
...animals that start with D like donkey, deer, dolphins, ducks, doves, dalmations, dashshunds...

I THOUGHT IT WAS GOOD, BUT I THINK IT WAS REALLY STUPID BECAUSE IT NEVER SAID "DOGS!"!!!!!!
What are dalmations and daschunds then, species of cats??

mikealan

Reaction score
Re: Re: STUPIDEST classic Sesame Street skit!

Originally posted by Clean Gultch
What are dalmations and daschunds then, species of cats??
They're species of dogs...oh, yeah! That animal part of the D segment bugged me for some reason!

mikealan

Reaction score
muppetfan620 said:

I didn't even hate it, but I enjoyed and watched it today.
This vintage classic animated clip can be shown on one of the episodes from 1973 where Stevie Wonder visits (I think, because G, I and 11 were sponsored), #1093, #1145 (i think, but not sure), #3803, #3903 and #4038.

ssetta

Reaction score
Is show #1145 working there yet?

muppet maniac

Reaction score
But,you know which skits I think are annoying?..

-Alpha Boy(lame!)
-Hero Guy(annoying!!!)
-Monster Clubhouse(like the elephant though!)