1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Steve Whitmire contact info

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by michaelmoo, Dec 22, 2011.

1. michaelmoo

michaelmoo New Member

Does anyone know how to contact Steve Whitmire? I work at Delta and have the new Sky magazine and would love to get him to sign it.

I tried contacting Sesame Workshops but no luck.

Mike
  2. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm.......
    That would be a tough one. You have have to get him through Disney or something. The retired puppeteers may be easier to contact, I know Jerry Nelson used to post here on the forum. But he hasn't been on here since 2006. :(
  3. michaelmoo

michaelmoo New Member

I haven't tried Disney. I read from a few people that did and got nothing...
  4. Muppet fan 123

Yeah it would be almost impossible to contact Disney. If you do get anything, let me know :)
  5. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

yea that would cool to talk to a puppeteer
  6. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

Try the Sesame Workshop address. That might work, if not Muppets Studios in California. I written to Frank Oz to the Sesame Workshop address and I thought.....he's really really busy now a days, suddenly I got his autograph picture. It's really cool. I have it on my wall next to a print out picture of Jim Henson and George Lucas as well as several dozen Jim Henson pictures all over my apartment of course. LOL I wrote to Jerry Nelson and I'm still waiting for a response. It took about a year to hear back from Frank but it was totally worth it. :)
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  7. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I have found that mailing Henson letters works the best
  8. Muppet fan 123

WOW, do you have the adress?
  9. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

Sure

Sesame Workshop
    1 Lincoln Plaza, 2nd Floor
    New York, NY 10023

For the current Muppeteers, I would suggest...

The Muppet Holding Company
    1201 Grand Central Avenue
    Glendale, CA 91201

u
  10. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Is that Muppet holding company one still good? I had a student write that one (I think) many years ago (just after Disney got a hold of the muppets) and he got me an autograph from Kermit/Steve Whitmire. Its one of my most prized possessions. I've been trying to see where I can get a hold of a Walter/ Peter Linz autograph to hang next to it. Might just try that address then.
  11. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I would also like to get a autograph picture from Steve!!! Which is the best address to write to??
  12. muppetlover123

yea which adress
  13. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Ehh I'm so lazy I doubt I'd write anyways...but never hurts to ask! Lol!
  14. meepmuppaphones

meepmuppaphones Active Member

Woah woah woah... All I have to do is mail a letter to one of these addresses and I'll get a reply? That is so epic.
  15. muppetlover123

16. meepmuppaphones

meepmuppaphones Active Member

WOAH. WOAHWOAHWOAHWOAHWOAHWOAHWOAHWHOA. WHOA. If I ever sent a letter to Steve Whitmire or Frank Oz or Jerry Nelson or whatever and got a reply, I would suffer from SHOCK. That would be AWESOME.:)
  17. gonzosgirl1987

gonzosgirl1987 Active Member

the muppet henson address does that reach all the muppeteers? or do i have to write to each one individually?
  18. Space Muppet

Space Muppet New Member

I was once a Muppet puppeteer, you all can talk to me here. I never performed any of the major characters though, I was only a background guy.
  19. muppetlover123

thats cool how was the experience
  20. Space Muppet

Space Muppet New Member

Bittersweet. It was great to work with the Muppets, of course. But being a pro puppeteer is less than ideal, unless you're one of the main puppeteers. Otherwise, the jobs are few & far between.