1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Start your own career

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Kuriboh Man, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Kuriboh Man

Kuriboh Man Active Member

Alot of questions about pupptry has always boggled my mind, but one of the biggest questions I have is, how do you start your own career as a puppeteer? I know that Jim Henson started out by working at a local tv station, and Kevin Clash did it as a child before working on TV!
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

In this day and age, it's mostly about knowing people; you know the old saying, "It's always connections"? Well, that's pretty much true... you have to know people, otherwise, you're swept under the rug.
  3. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

Somewhat, but personally I think that the most important thing is to be a really good puppeteer first and foremost. Perform as much as you can, whenever you can for a few years. Both Kevin and Jim perfected their skills for years before becoming famous or well-known. Talent walks and talks, if you really are that good eventually when you cross paths with the right people you'll get noticed.