SpongeBob Deleted Scenes

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_deleted_scenes
While looking through this list, a few memories about deleted scenes from SB episodes came to mind. I'll admit there are a few on the list that sound phony (the "Rock Bottom" one comes to mind), but there are a few that I can recall seeing.

• "Procrastination" - Early airings of this episode included a bit where SB looks outside and sees everybody playing. At one point Patrick is seen rubbing lotion on Sandy's shoulders. Apparently, some people thought that brief shot looked innapropriate, which led to that scene getting cut from later TV airings. Another scene showing SB imagining a live action car crash was also cut, probably to prevent kids from imitating that scene. There was also a bit where SB decides to exercise. Not sure why that was cut. All of these scenes can be found on youtube, as well as DVD releases.
  • "Just One Bite" - Early airings included a scene in which Squidward, while sneaking into the Krusty Krab later in the night, runs into a few booby traps (buckets of gasoline). Again, this can be found on youtube.
  • "Bubble Buddy" - For some reason, this episode originally opened with repeated footage from "Big Pink Loser" (the mail fish stuffing a package in Patrick's mouth). I actually do remember seeing this when the episode first aired. Not sure if it was intended or not.
  • "The Secret Box" - I remember when this one first aired. And I could have sworn that "embarassing snapshot of SpongeBob at the Christmas party" was actually shown. I remember being confused as to why it wasn't shown the next time I saw the episode.
  • Shanghaied - Originally aired with two alternate endings. One in which Patrick got the last wish (and wished for a stick of gum), and another where Squidward got the last wish (and wished he had never met SB and Patrick).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Considering their sources for some of them are "some people remember", I wouldn't trust a number of those.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
  • "Just One Bite" - Early airings included a scene in which Squidward, while sneaking into the Krusty Krab later in the night, runs into a few booby traps (buckets of gasoline). Again, this can be found on youtube.

I read somewhere that this scene was cut because Nickelodeon thought it was too violent. The edit makes the episode flow a bit awkwardly if I remember correctly, as Squidward goes from running to the Krusty Krab right into the back of the kitchen.

Walter

Reaction score
I like to think that the "Photo" being referred to is the photo of spongebob crying ridiculously that was shown in the Christmas special. Squidward takes a photo, and then it is shown to the audience(animation style changed to a more paint-esque look). It just makes sense to me that this is the picture Patrick keeps in his secret box.:wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I read somewhere that this scene was cut because Nickelodeon thought it was too violent. The edit makes the episode flow a bit awkwardly if I remember correctly, as Squidward goes from running to the Krusty Krab right into the back of the kitchen.
That's why I hate how they dump the demographic of the show down to preschoolers. It's certainly NOT a show I'd let preschoolers watch. You have one episode where he doesn't know how to tie his shoes, and suddenly we have Spongebob Toddler rectal thermometers (an actual product) and huge censorship. And Nick's pretty censor happy as a network anyway.

Walter

Reaction score
That's why I hate how they dump the demographic of the show down to preschoolers. It's certainly NOT a show I'd let preschoolers watch. You have one episode where he doesn't know how to tie his shoes, and suddenly we have Spongebob Toddler rectal thermometers (an actual product) and huge censorship. And Nick's pretty censor happy as a network anyway.
I find it strange that Nick waters down their cartoons, yet the live action shows have quite a bit of adult humor in them. I have more than once caught myself thinking "Now how on EARTH did the censors not catch that?"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Spongebob DOES have a lot of stuff they slip past the radar, most Nicktoons do. I still think the creator of Invader Zim was absolutely nuts to want what he wanted in a cartoon series and was darn lucky with what they let in. We have this disgusting, hypocritical prudishness when it comes to cartoons because as we all know every piece of animated footage ever was made only for the amusement of children, and children are complete barking morons that absorb EVERYTHING they see on television ever and are unable to think for themselves like the adults (who buy big polluting cars based on how much of their masculinity is questioned and high fructose corn syrup cereals as diet food).

Even the Network's pet show of the 1990's, Rugrats, had some very questionable stuff in there... Dr. Lipschitz for example. The name's a real name, but you think that the writers were going to pass up a little immature gag like that? Especially considering the character was kinda a quack.

But live action? Anything goes with that because teenagers watch it. I give CN nothing but credit for Regular Show and Adventure Time, showing teenagers CAN watch and enjoy cartoons written for them.