So if you're following someone...

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
What does it mean? Am I supposed to get alerts from the people I follow or something? So far I'm not. It's just a list of people I follow, but no way to see what they've been up to in the last few days. Can someone help please??

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"Follow" replaced the old buddy system: anyone who's following you had previously put you on their buddy lists on the old forum; likewise, anyone you follow are those you had added to your old buddy list.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, thought there was a thread about this already. "Follow" as I understand it, and I could be wrong—you'd have to contact and ask Phillip about this to be sure—meant following via Twitter accounts those people may or may not have. Then again, Snowths' answer does have a point as there's a link for "People You Follow" in your profile just above the "People You Ignore" link.
:confused:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Pretty sure you do not get alerts from them, but you can track what they do by going to your account settings page then clicking on "Your News Feed"

It also displays their icon under the online list so it is easier to find their name if they are online. Of course, if someone you are following has chosen to keep their online status private, then it wouldn't be displayed.

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Just wondering what that was about...I don't have a twitter account, and I never heard of the buddy list before, so I was all confused.
Pretty sure you do not get alerts from them, but you can track what they do by going to your account settings page then clicking on "Your News Feed"
Thanks, wonder why I never thought of that before. Just what I was searching for. :smile: