Sesame Workshop Staffer!

Monster

Reaction score
Hi!

Just like all of you I just LOVE the Muppets! And I love the fans, too! So I decided to return and answer questions and befriend the Muppet Central community again. I have worked for Sesame Workshop since 1992- the same year Kevin Clash and I became friends- and I know how hard it is to get real information from the inside sometimes. I would be happy to share my expiriences and any information I can about being part of what Jim Henson considered his most important work. I'm pretty good with general Muppet information, too! Just looking to share and help as much as I can. It's been tremendously busy at SW so please bear with me if i don't get back to you right away.

Hoping to hear from you Muppet fans soon!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing that you could do is search the threads in the various Sesame Street folders. Are you allowed to say anything that us fans don't know yet about the upcomming "Sesame Street: Old School Volume 2" DVD release? Or the upcomming "Play with me Sesame" DVD releases?

Java

Reaction score
What do you do for SW? Are you part of the writing team, muppeteer, etc? Or can you not tell us that because it would give away to much info to your peers?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's something that I've been wondering for years, about the various repeated inserts. How are they stored? Are they all put on seperate film strips/ master tapes/ discs? Are some compiled by theme, or production company, or so on? Or are all segments just put on the episodes that they were broadcast on, with there being some way to track down which epsiodes certain sketches can be found on when certain skits are shown in later episodes?

At Muppet Wiki, the talk page for the University of Maryland has scans for every page of files called "First Season Show Content". These do list various sketches, with a listing of episode numbers that they appear in. But reportedly there aren't any fiels for any later seasons at the University of Maryland, and I don't know if this was doen for later seasons, or if it's still being done for current seasons. Is this how they keep track of the skits and epsiodes, or is there something else used?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Oh cool! I'm hopefully going to do my senior internship at SW in 3 years, maybe I'll you there!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Man, I'd love to do an internship there as well. Of course, I graduated College 3 years ago (and have struggled looking for employment since) , and it was for animation...

That said, I'd also love to see if you could twist SW's arm and see if they can make DVD's similar to the Sesame Old School sets, but just full of segments and clips, not of full episodes. Like Sesame Old School: Just shorts or something.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Welcome Back! It's very nice of you to share your knowledge and experiences here again, THANK YOU!

I'm sure we all appreciate you offering your time away from work and life. It'll be great to read whatever we can from you.

Cheers!
:smile:
Anthony

minor muppetz

Reaction score
No questions have been answere dyet, but I am just trying to keep this thread alive. Anyway, can you tell me what terms and agreements have been made involving the use of Kermit the Frog segments in new episodes and on DVD releases? I guess that Kermit can't appea ron the packaging of any new DVD releases (though he was on the back of the Follow That Bird DVD, which was released after Henson sold off the rights to the Sesame Street characters). Would Sesame Workshop need to work out a seperate deal to have The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street released on DVD? I know that Kermit's been in recent Sesame DVDs, but this release obviously does use Kermit as a selling point, his name is in the title, and he would have to appear on the cover. I would imagine it to be hard for it to be released and make sense without Kermit on the cover.