Sesame Street to Introduce HIV-Positive Muppet

EmmyMik

Reaction score
In getting back to the topic on HIV/AIDS (sorta), a thought crossed my mind. I know that last year's MuppetFest dealt with the charity "Save the Children". Perhaps for the next MuppetFest there should be a charity auction or fundraiser for some kind of AIDS research or AIDS education foundation. It's just a thought...

S

Special_Ed

Trekie,

No the Bible did not tell me so, common sense told me so. Someone said that being attracted to who you are attracted to is who you are, therefore what's the difference between a gay person and a child molestor? It's part of who they are too. Your logic has backfired.

Yes I do KNOW that other religions are wrong. The Bible can be scientifically proven as being correct, where all other religions can not be.

Joggy,

Teaching feminism on SS is insane! Feminists are worse than the "oppression" of whivh they complain to be "victims" of.

Matleo,

Richard Hunt die of aids?

Jackie,

Because thingin the Bible can be PROVEN To be fact! Especially the flood of Noah.

Drtooth,

No, not all religions are the same. There can only be one TRUE religion! I don't think Christianity is right, I KNOW it is!

I do love my neighbor, I just don't accept what they do.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
That's a good thought Emmy! I think Henson has a history of working with Save the Children and that is why that charity was picked, but I could be wrong. There are a ton of AIDS education and research organizations out there-- many that work specifically with/for kids.

It's really nice to see someone looking for ways to help and make the world a better place! :big_grin:

Yoda is very wise, it doesn't matter that he's a puppet. The whole point of Star Wars was to create a modern fable that demonstrated right and wrong, good and evil. We're supposed to take life lessons from it.

I would like to ask that we all try to be respectful and rise above that which is hurtful and inflamatory. Let's not get down to the same level. That will only serve to exacerbate the situation. Name-calling isn't very Muppety. The Muppets put up with Statler and Waldorf without hurling insults back. Lecture over. :stick_out_tongue: Thanks!

sal

Reaction score
Aids in Africa is the greatest tragedy in the World today. The scale of the problem is enormous and the plight of Africa has been largely overlooked by the Western World. Thank you Sesame Street for raising the awareness of adults in the West to this issue. Perhaps some US politicians now know where South Africa is? (just below Zimbabwe, which has an even greater Aids problem)

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Ed,

Now you know that Richard Hunt had Aids, What do you think of the Henson Company ?

They hired someone who had Aids...

(I have not problem with it at all)

Jackie

Reaction score
Re: Ed,

Originally posted by *Warrick*
Now you know that Richard Hunt had Aids, What do you think of the Henson Company ?

They hired someone who had Aids...

(I have not problem with it at all)
That's because the Henson company accepts, loves, and understands all kinds of people...

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jackie,

I know that !

But i wanna know Ed's take on this...

see ya

matleo

Reaction score
Re: Richard Hunt

I don't know if it was AIDS that killed him but it was HIV. As most people know there is a difference between the two. HIV is what causes AIDS. Whether Hunt contracted the disease through drugs, sexual or preference or what I do not know. But I can say this, he was a great talent and a treasured member of the Muppet family. And he is missed.

Warrick not to blow your deffense but I don't think they hired Richard when he had HIV. I'm pretty sure he was a puppeteer first, HIV victim second. Either way. Yes, Richard Hunt died of HIV. And yes Jim knew about that before he (Jim) died.

DR TOOTH
You bring up an interesting point that most of the wars fought are religious based. Look at World War II for example. Adolf Hitler wanted Jews exterminated for their beliefs. You may be interested to know that SS has produced a Pakistani co-production that is deisgned to try and bridge Pakistani and Muslim beliefs and are currently at work on an irish co-production to try and brisge the Catholis church and...the catholic church. Incidentally, I have heard that they are actually havign a harder time with the Irish production that the Pakistani production. when they put these co-prodcutions together it's interesting cause they send puppeteers from our S over to train the puppeteers in the other countries. And they really have to try and find puppeteers who are in touch with what is important and funny in that particular culture. So when they design something like South African SS they design the curriculum to be topical o that culture. As Joggy pointed out having girls go to school in the Denmark production or having two different street in the Pakistani production with a bridge between the two and encouraing characters from each side to understand each other or our recent dealings with tragedy tolerance. it's interesting.

Special_Ed
yes, there are some thing in the bible that can be scientifically proven right. there are also things that have proved scietifically wrong.

--Matt

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Special_Ed

I do love my neighbor, I just don't accept what they do.
Well, as long as you love them, that's what counts.

beaker

Reaction score
how far from the innocence tree this thread has fallen.
*puts the police line tape around this whole thread*

who would a thought toughpigs forum would be the less controversial?