Sesame Street no longer on HBO Family starting 11/1

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, Sesame Street is officially off HBO and most (but not all) episodes that were previously available there have moved to HBO Max, and they’re exactly like they were on there. I kind of hoped they would have removed the stupid SS Classics logo, and restored the Joe Raposo songs that they once had issues getting the rights to, but I guess not. I was even hoping they would be adding more classic episodes, but I kind of figured they wouldn’t. Bummer. I guess we just have to stick with what we have.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean, music rights aren’t exactly easy to clear, and it sounds to me like it’s pretty much been proven that the Raposo estate wants nothing to do with Sesame Street anymore.

ssetta

Reaction score
I mean, music rights aren’t exactly easy to clear, and it sounds to me like it’s pretty much been proven that the Raposo estate wants nothing to do with Sesame Street anymore.
But all the newer episodes added earlier this year have Raposo songs in them, at least most of them do.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
🤷🏿‍♂️ I don’t know what their deal is in regards to music negotiations.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
You're reading into it too much. I don't know the full story, but I know they couldn't reach an agreement in time for the stuff to go on there.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Remember, they couldn’t clear the rights to their theme song in Old School volume three.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I wonder if "The Electric Company" from the 1970s will ever see the light of day on HBO Max?
I wish it would (I really do), but I don't think it's likely because of Bill Cosby's role on the show. Even after he stopped making new appearances, his name was still listed on the Friday credits. And seeing that his appearances were cut from various SS episodes, they'll have to spend a lot more time going through his TEC appearances since he was technically a regular.

I kind of hoped they would have removed the stupid SS Classics log , and restored the Joe Raposo songs that they once had issues getting the rights to, but I guess not.
I'd still like to know how the "stupid" SS classics logo is any different from the Noggin, Sprout, SS.org, PBS, or any TV station logos, period. And considering that a lot of the episodes added to HBO Max were already edited, it's not surprising that those ones are still edited.

I was even hoping they would be adding more classic episodes, but I kind of figured they wouldn’t. Bummer. I guess we just have to stick with what we have.
We'll just have to wait and see what the future has in store. It's likely that they will, but until then, yes, we do have to stick with what's already available...and it all goes back to what we've talked about hundreds of times with us being grateful for what's currently in our reach.

Last edited: