1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Sesame Street Live: Can't Stop Singing

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by StarrFilter, Apr 22, 2012.

1. John Brown

John Brown Member

2. John Brown

John Brown Member

3. John Brown

John Brown Member

4. John Brown

John Brown Member

5. John Brown

John Brown Member

6. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Ernie's voice was not steve whitmire oddly....as listed in the program......might explain a decreased Ernie presence
  7. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Interesting. So who was voicing Ernie then?
  8. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

Billy Barkhurst
  9. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Goodness, is Steve that busy where he can't even come into the studio and record a few songs for a couple hours? Even Frank Oz made time for that.
  10. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

11. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

12. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

13. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

14. KissesToKermie

KissesToKermie Well-Known Member

Wow! Gee, I really, actually want to see this. But I think it's kind of weird for a teen to walk in to some Sesame Street Live Show, Haha. I wonder if my best friend's little brother is doing anything...
  15. KissesToKermie

Just out of curiosity, why is it that whenever Big Bird makes live appearances he wears a tie? Like even when I went to Busch Gardens and went to the Sesame part to see the characters, he was there wearing one. Do they do this for a specific reason?
  16. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

I've definitely gone by myself Several times as a teen and an adult. But I have friends in the show so that's always my excuse. Haha!
  17. KissesToKermie

Lol! Confidence is the key!
  18. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

And be out in public naked?!
  19. StarrFilter

StarrFilter Member

It's so he can see. The puppeteer on the tv show has a small tv monitor inside that shows what the audience sees. The dancer or puppeteer for live events looks out of the tie, which is mostly a mesh screen.... I think mesh feathers would be too obvious :p

I like the tie though. I think it's spiffy :wisdom:
  20. KissesToKermie

Wow! Thanks Starrfilter, I would've never guessed that its for him to see. And, didn't he wear a similar tie to the Jim Henson memorial?