1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Sesame Street Japan

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by shimauta, Mar 3, 2010.

1. shimauta

shimauta Member

I was recently reading this blog post, and wondered if anyone has ever seen the Japanese version of Sesame Street floating around on Youtube or knows where one can view it? I did a search but wasn't able to locate any. I actually have most of the DVD releases but wanted to show a friend in the states quickly and easily.
  2. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

There was like a 10 second clip someone filmed off of TV that got removed quite some time ago. Basically it was just Cookie Monster singing a song, it was too fuzzy to really see much of. There was a clip of a dubbed Ernie and Bert clip, but that was removed too.
  4. shimauta

shimauta Member

Yeah that's about what I saw as well. I will just need to figure out how to convert what I have and just send it to my friend that way. Thanks for your help!
  5. Pino

Pino Member

have you also found the hand puppets and fingerpuppets? I saw ons them from Athur and Pierre.. I collect those as well as the music an dvd's :)
    Love them!
  6. shimauta

shimauta Member

Yes! They are a bit more rare but they do pop up on the auction sites from time to time...
  7. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

I actually have seen a few episodes during my last trip to Japan some years ago.
  8. Pino

Pino Member

Oh cool can you help me get those?
    Greetings Paul
  9. shimauta

shimauta Member

If I ever see them pop-up online I will let you know
  10. WorldOfSesame

WorldOfSesame Member

Hi, they are on Sonya's Japan website store, and they ship over seas. They have about 10 seasons of their own non-dubbed stuff. <http://www.sony.co.jp/> Use google translate to help you understand this. I am from Maine, in the USA. Glad I could help you!!!!
  11. shimauta

shimauta Member

I believe he was talking about the finger puppets they made of the Japanese Sesame Street characters. I went onto Sony's website and didn't see any mention of the Japanese Sesame there. Could you send a link where you saw the non-dubbed material? Thanks!
  12. WorldOfSesame

WorldOfSesame Member

http://www.amazon.co.jp/セサミストリート-DVDパック/dp/B000067JRX
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/セサミストリート-イングリッシュ-ストリート-DVD/dp/B00077D91S
    Where you can get some off amazon.jp , a box set the first, second is a separate DVD.
    Ships in Japan, USA, China, Korea, and Thikand. Other site dosen't carry-- used to!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. shimauta

shimauta Member

Cool, thanks for sending links! I was hoping to find more of the Japanese version of Sesame Street, but I think I already own all of the DVDs that were ever made. A box set would be awesome if I could ever find one! Unfortunately that box set from that link is just a Japanese release of the US version of the show.
  14. WorldOfSesame

WorldOfSesame Member

They only have more websites with more dvds available to view in servers within Japan. Sorry, in Maine I can't view it either.