Sesame Street at the Macy's Parade - 2011

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
A boy consisting of a large blue, crudely sewn together balloonish head and a red and white striped body. It had the Tim Burton signature demented look all while managing to look cute.

Hmmm... Balloon head you say? Perhaps he was inspired by the similar characters from the Muppet Show?
Thanks buddy.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Anyone else catch this yet? It was pretty brief and unannounced, but it was still a fun romp. Same float as always, and I could see Alan, Luis, Maria, Bob, etc. on the float. Big Bird, Elmo and Cookie Monster were in the nest, and Murray Monster even had a brief solo! (Sounds like Murray's rising up to stardom as much as Abby Cadabby has!)
Still no Barkley or Alice though :frown:

And yes, I finally got to see it this year thanks to my mother's better breakfast time planning this year. My brother even noticed Murray Monster bumping his head on the window :stick_out_tongue:
Can you post some pictures?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Like Turkey on Thanksgiving...no Macy's Thanksgiving parade is complete without an appearance or two of the Sesame Street gang. I mean...it has been a parade staple since the show first came into the Parade line-up in the 70s. :wisdom:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmmm... Balloon head you say? Perhaps he was inspired by the similar characters from the Muppet Show?
Thanks buddy.
More hot air like, since he was crudely stitched up. Not very macabre, but it still manages to have a cute and cuddly touch of demented to it.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I was wondering that if Abby was in a window, who was in the nest with Big Bird and Elmo. Cookie Monster's makin' his way in the world!
I WAS sooo HAPPY Cookie was in the Big Birds nest with Big Bird (and the RED menace! Tho alot of MC-ers know my feelings for Elmo & Abby!) Im loving that Cookie Monster is making more appearances in toys and stuff!

wiley207

Reaction score
I WAS sooo HAPPY Cookie was in the Big Birds nest with Big Bird (and the RED menace! Tho alot of MC-ers know my feelings for Elmo & Abby!) Im loving that Cookie Monster is making more appearances in toys and stuff!
Well, Abby Cadabby was right next to Murray Monster in that window. I think Murray and Abby are both approaching the same levels of popularity now.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Well, Abby Cadabby was right next to Murray Monster in that window. I think Murray and Abby are both approaching the same levels of popularity now.
Perhaps we can get a Murray Monster balloon for the 2012 parade? :batty:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone else notice they (Sony) randomly renamed the generic Smurf Balloon "Clumsy Smurf" because he was the hero of the movie? It's just funny that EVERY cartoon character balloon in the parade was advertising something... Kung Fu Panda had the DVD and the new cartoon series, Kermit's self explanatory, Spider-Man had that new movie...

Yorick

Reaction score
EVERY cartoon character balloon in the parade was advertising something
Yes, and also, there was a float that had 10 great characters on it (plus 1 not so great) but no one mentioned them on the show, and they didn't even do a close up of them.:grr: Thankfully a Felix fan shared a photo:
http://felixfan9000.deviantart.com/art/Cartoon-characters-on-a-float-271468624
I assume they got zero attention because they have no product to push (that I know of) other than Felix with his Christmas DVD. It's sad that they wouldn't just let us see them a little bit at home, and mention them. It felt like if you blinked, you'd miss them. It does seem to all tie in to selling things - to a greater degree than ever.

wiley207

Reaction score
Yep, I also noticed Bugs Bunny got a new costume. It looks different from when I saw Bugs at Six Flags New England last year:

I also loved seeing Scooby-Doo on the float. He looks the same as when I also saw him at Six Flags, even though Scrappy-Doo was there too: