Sesame Park

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I got my first episode of Sesame Park the other day, And i loved it !

Its like a whole new Henson show !

The Theme tune is the same as Sesame Street's theme but they change to words to rhyme with Park !

what do you guys think of the show ?

See ya

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have seen bits of the show, alright....IN SPANISH!!!!! You see, sometimes a Canadian skit is translated into Spanish for the Mexican Plaza Sesamo. But my question is, I, having not seen it before, mind you, would like to know if the show is in English, French, or both, since they speak both in Canada.

Lu775

Reaction score
Hi,
The show was in English. With some skits teaching French words (same as the American version teaches Spanish).

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Lucy and Toothy,

Yeah as Lucy said someparts are in French.

In the episode i got its all English and then there is one One Minute cartoon in French, Were they say minor things like "Thank you" and stuff.

But sometimes (Which was weird for my neice, Who only speaks Enlgish) Louis the Otter says "Oui!" instead of "Yes!".

So when he started saying "Oui Basil!" my neice just started gigglin, But she didnt take too much notice.

I didnt know that they dubbed the Sesame Park Skits into Mexican !?

There was a French Co Production of Sesame Street called 1 Rue Sesame , But it only lasted for about to years.

Go to my Website Sesame World to find out about the other Co Productions of Sesame Street !

See ya

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes! Sesame Park episodes are dubbed in Spanish! I have seen numerous episodes of Plaza Sesamo, and I saw skits with muppets I've never seen before. One was Basil (I think they called him Basilio or basilo or something) trying to tie his shoe. Another was a song about Imagination sung by two girls. Another was a song listed in the credits as "No one else like me" or something (I can't remember specifically the name, but the message is the same) I thought that they were using one of their two translated muppet skits (from America and Canada) with something they created. But I never saw those guys on the plaza. I searched around (I didn't find your site at the time, Warrick) and found the Sesame Park website and saw the characters. Unfortunately, since it is translated, I guess it wasn't as good as in Canada. (In many translated pieces, no matter what show, some of the best lines are cut off, or changed)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Sesame Park--

An 'outside of the USA' version of SS I take it? I wanna go to Sesame Place some day...and if ANYBODY looks like they're gonna slug a Muppet Costume, I PROMISE you this: I will run in the other direction until I find someone to go help our Muppet friend.

I'm still curious why Cookie just didn't bite that guy!

FOZ

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Sesame Park--

Originally posted by FOZZI3B3AR
if ANYBODY looks like they're gonna slug a Muppet Costume, I PROMISE you this: I will run in the other direction until I find someone to go help our Muppet friend.

I'm still curious why Cookie just didn't bite that guy!

FOZ
Here's what I heard. The peson in the suit was really nasty. she woudn't let the man give his daughter a picture (which is what they're there for!) I wouldn't punch or hit anybody inside one of those things. However, some people clobber costumed characters (how's that for alliteration?) for fun! I remember when I went to Chuckie Cheesy's and a group of kids were on the floor pounding a guy in a Chuckie outfit! Man, some people have NOOOOO bounderies!
To quote Family Guy's Brian the Dog, "Where is the line? I'll tell you, it's not even there anymore!!"

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Toothy + Kev,

Hey Guys,
Its interesting to know that the Canadian Skits are dubbed into Mexican for the show.

I find it weird tho, Because the American Sesame Street must have so many classic skits !

Kevin,
Yeah Sesame Park is the Canadian version of Sesame Street, And it really is great !

When they first made it in the 80's it was called Sesame Street Canada, But then they changed it to Sesame Park, To give it its own feel.

The episode i have only have one American Sesame Street skit and that was the "Fuzzy and Blue" Musical number.

See ya

miss piggy 16

Reaction score
I want to see sesame park...I've studied french so i might like it. Plaza sesamo on the other hand i have seen it. How would i be able to see the canadian version?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Miss Piggy 16,

Hey,
The best way to get some episodes would be ask someone from Canada to record it for you !

Other than that, Fly over to Canada and try and record it !

See ya