Sesame horror theater

Xerus

Reaction score
Here's an idea for a fun, but creepy, TV show for either PBS or Noggin.

How about Sesame Street Horror Theater? Where they take the scary classic SS skits and put them on a half hour show where Vincent Twice-Vincent Twice would be the host and introduce the skits. The following spine-tinglers would be stuff like...

Kermit, the milk, and the monsters.
Beautiful Day making the B sound.
Cookie Monster eating Kermit's W.
A Monster in Kermit's Box.
Ernie going rock hunting and meeting a monster.
The Ladybugs and Alligators cartoon.
The cartoon about the living wall cracks.
The 2 black clouds shaped like cats.
The Red Hot I film.

And this series could air late at night while the little kids are asleep. Mainly this is for older kids and SS fans who want to see and get spooked by the rare classic SS skits.

fatblue

Reaction score
Yep!

Like your idea! I agree with you, if you're older,(like me) these skits are perfect for that spot. I one time woke up screaming once thinking about that 'B' skit, had some sort of dream about it that really spooked.

There are two other skits you left out that would fit this:

Kermit wanting an 'F' instead of an 'E'. The Beautiful Day monster plays a delivery guy, hat and all, supposedly bringing the letter. He got so tired of Kermits complaining he gives a classic ringing chop to the bottom part of the letter making it an F'. That was pretty definitive!

Also, there was another skit with Kermit and the first Grover type muppet. Something about playing a radio too loud and then the monster, I think his name was big V pops up and swallows the radio whole! Scary stuff too if you ever saw it.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Never heard of those two. Could you describe what the "Swallowing Radio Monster" looked like? I don't think they'd let anything as scary as Big V on the Street.

fatblue

Reaction score
Big V

Well, he was similar to that monster in that old skit they showed with Kermit on a dozen different shows: Jack Paar, Ed Sullivan. He's sitting on the wall, and he eats two worms that come up and bother him ,but instead on the third try, he gets what he thought was a worm turns out to be the long nose of the most scariest muppet monster I've seen. He's called Big V, I think. Maybe this does or doesn't ring a bell. It's pre-SS.

Xerus

Reaction score
Here's how one episode of Sesame Horror Theather would go. We're looking at a spooky mansion and we see Vincent sitting calmly in his chair.

"Greetings and welcome to Sesame Street Horror Theather. I am your host, Vincent Twice-Vincent Twice."

Then he turns to a rock sitting on a table next to him.

"Here we see an ordinary rock. Some people like to use them for nice things like to decorate their gardens and keep them as pets. While others do not so nice things like throw them through house windows or car windows or even worse. Some people should think twice before picking up a rock. Our friend, Ernie, had to learn that the hard way when he decided to PICK on a few rocks."

"And now if you're feeling a little BOULDER and ready for a tale that might make you feel STONE cold. Here's Ernie Going Rock Hunting."

Next we see the classic clip of Ernie hunting for rocks. He spots a big rock, picks at it with a pickaxe and takes it. Then he finds a bigger rock, picks at that and collects it as well. Then he spots the biggest rock of all. He picks at it and the rock starts growling. It turns out to be connected to a huge scary monster that suddenly rose from the ground. And he was angry!

ERNIE: "I think I made a big mistake going rock hunting!"
MONSTER: "Oh yeah!"
ERNIE: "But I think I made a bigger mistake hitting you on the head!"
MONSTER: "Oh yeah!"
ERNIE: "But my biggest mistake is standing here talking about it!"

And Ernie screams and runs away while the monster sighs and sinks back down into the ground.

Then we fade back to Vincent.

"It seems like after that scary incident, poor Ernie might need years of ROCK therapy! But maybe he'll learn not to take rocks for GRANITE again. You never know what you might find under these big or even little rocks."

Then the rock next to him starts to move around and Vincent starts to watch nervously while scary music starts to play. But it turns out to be a tiny little Twiddlebug who crawls out of the rock. "Watch where you put your things, Twice!" shouted the bug in a squeaky voice and then flies away.

"Wow", gaspes Vincent. "That's sure to leave me PETRIFIED for a while! HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH!"

El Mayhem

Reaction score
Does this ring a bell?

I just found this forum and I have to tell you all, I read things here that I have not thought about in many, many years. I'm so happy to see that I am not the only one that was scared of Sesame Street skits.

I have 2 animated skits in particular that scared me. I am hoping that some of you may remember them.

skit #1: This was an animated skit that had a man telling the viewer that today he was introducing the letter M. This big red capital letter M then proceeded to eat a bunch of things that started with the letter M. Like marshmallows and milk. Then the M starts to actually eat away at the screen until everything is gone. This skit scared the **** out of me when I was a kid. I would turn the t.v. off untill I thought the skit was over. I actually got to see this skit again about 7 years ago. My niece was watching Sesame Street in another room and I heard the skit starting up. I ran to the room and watched it with her and I couldn't believe that it used to scare me.

skit #2: If skit #1 scared the **** out of me, then this one made me run to my room and not come out untill the whole show was over. It was another animated skit. I may be remembering it a little fuzzy, but I hope one of you recalls this. It starts out with this really ominous, droning music playing in the background and you can see an apple tree. The apple tree is on top of a big green hill and suddenly, I think a cane, starts to pop up from behind the hill and poke apples off the tree. After all the apples fall off, two big eyes open on the hill and stare at you. Folks, just the sound of this skit starting up would send me running to my room or to the basement. I even ran out of the house once and my dad kept asking me why the tree scared me. To this day I don't know what it was that spooked me. I also don't think I would want to ever see that skit again.

Does any of this ring a bell?

Splurge

Reaction score
Since no one mentioned this, I'll throw out this scary skit big-bigger-biggest skit. The one where the small pink monster grows from being the smallest monster on the scene to the biggest, and his loud yell scares the other two monsters away.

It didn't scare me as a kid, but I found it humorously scary later. :smile: