Series 4-7 Released!!!

Luke

Reaction score
Personally i'm not stoked about Benjamina though they do need these Piggy and Kermit variants around so the line stays recognisable so i can see the need.

I think they should be careful about doing too much from 'Muppets Tonight' - it wasn't the greatest success and i can't see people in the general public falling over themselves for Clifford and to a lesser extent Johnny & Sal. I think this is yet another case of Palisades paying a little too much attention to the Muppet hardcore fans and not thinking enought about what a regular fan would want - i think they are two different things. I'm for MT characters but spread VERY rarely - Henson haven't really used Clifford much since the show was axed and it seems Kermit will be hosting the Fox show so Clifford may even be a retired character (or almost there) already. I can't see Johnny and Sal being around much in the future either seeing as Brian Henson isn't involved in the new show so they'll be out too. A much better idea would be for Palisades to try and get some info on what the NEW characters will be like and have those come at while the Fox show is airing. I think even film variations of existing figures would do better than MT characters though.

Pepe is a great idea obviously and is more of a classic Muppet nowdays, Statler & Waldorf in the same series are a must, and of course Rizzo should be on his own too.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I can kind of understand the varients, but I would rather have a new character than another remake of a character we already have. hopefully Bejamina Gunn and patrol bear fozzie will be held off on and we'll get some more original characters, or at least characters in more "classic" styles.

still, if the figures came out exactly as listed above, i'd stil buy em all :stick_out_tongue: Even figures that I didn't think I'd want originally palisades has done neough cool stuff with that I had to buy them anyway, and somehow I don't see that changing...

Gonzo

Reaction score
It looks like a pretty solid (if tentative) lineup to me; but like Luke, I'm reaaaaally wary of the Muppets Tonight characters. That said, I think the four included so far (Pepe, Clifford, Jonny and Sal) are the best characters and the ones most likely to be purchased by fans. And I don't know that Lips or Thog would sell any better than them. But I think that additional versions of Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal would. I never thought I'd be advocating releases of the same characters again, but it's not exactly "Tatooine Luke" either...I think a Nekkid Rowlf (or Sam) would probably move more product by Series 7 than either Johnny or Sal.

Anyway, that's my .02. Of course, I'm a horrible person to go by, because I'll be buying all of them.

Quinnnnnnnnnn

radionate

Reaction score
I can almost stake my life on the fact that Patrol Bear Fozzie is a shoo in very soon. Remember that we've already seen a prototype of him (it was very small, but he was in the picture). So that means that he's been sculpted and tooled (I'm sure), so that means they've already spent too much money on him to scrap him alltogether.

That being said, putting him in the line will cut costs for them, and make the line more profitible for Palisades, which will mean more likelyhood that we'll see another wave of figures.

CheckChuck

Reaction score
muppets tonight

the muppets tonight figures would seem to make more sense if there were even dvd's available, or reruns, or anything, keeping the show alive. i'm a huge muppet fan, but even i've only seen that show twice!

however, pepe is bigger than muppets tonight, and his feature in mfs and other promotions show him to be worthy of a figure. buyable even. if johnny and sal are featured in the christmas movie, and are being used more in the immediate future, i guess it makes sense to do them (even if they're more sesame street-esque than muppet show-ish) as for clifford, he's cool, and as with pepe it's great that racial, social, and ethnic considerations are incorporated into his character. but he's really very "90's" in style and design. i'm not sure he's going to have the longevity as a character that warrants getting a figure.

i guess if muppets tonight episodes were really available, all this would change. i did like the episodes i saw, but i'm more into collecting classic muppet show or early muppet movies figures myself.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's the deal.... Ken has posted the changes on the Palisades Board.

Firstly, BOP Fozzie is dropped (crud) and so is the Mayheim Bus (double crud). Janice WILL still be in series five (which is why Foz was dropped).

The MCC PVC set has been pushed up (due to the fact that series 7 may be released in 2004) to series 6. Koosbain Kermit is back to series 5, again!

I cannot remember any more, but here's the link:

http://forums.palisadestoys.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=467

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The toyfare line plan suggests, Clifford, Johnny and Sal will be released in the second half of next year. Hey, the new Muppet Show will be out by then. This will help give it a push, so there will be a current project out when these are released.

Standard Rowlf and others really need to be scattered throughout the line. If it were up to some of us, we would have used up all the major characters in the first year and had only lesser-known guys left for the subsequent waves. Ken's formula has always been 2 Big Guns and 2 Supporting Players. Why would this wave be different? I have been concerned about Johnny's inclusion so soon, but don't you think Bill Barretta will keep performing Johnny? It seems like one of his faves. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Johnny and Sal may be pushed to a 2004 release, according to the latest line up!

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I have been concerned about Johnny's inclusion so soon, but don't you think Bill Barretta will keep performing Johnny? It seems like one of his faves. :smile:
I'd like to see him keep performing Johnny but i don't think it'd be as good without Sal. I guess that all depends on Brian - either they just do Johnny & Sal on projects he's invovled with, or they get somebody else to do the character and Brian goes into 'Frank Oz' mode - i just wouldn't expect him to puppeteer on projects he isn't producing. I think it would be both a pride and ethical issue for another producer to walk on a 'Team Todd' set and take a more minor role. Personally i would buy Johnny & Sal action figures (would probably work better as a two pack) but unless they have some more exposure i couldn't see the public doing so right now - so yeah, hopefully they'll be featured a lot at Christmas.

As for Clifford, he had a few lines in 'Muppets From Space' and is apparently featured very little in the Christmas movie. I don't know if he'll be in the Fox show but i wouldn't expect it to be a big role. I have a feeling he's a bit of a one trick pony and only really had a place hosting 'MT' when they didn't want to use Kermit. Featuring him in a wave AND doing a case repaint of him seems too much - i just don't think he'll sell well for them aside from the completists, though the funky look of the character might gain some impulse buys.