Scooter

maynard

Reaction score
Scooter is the gofer, Radar is the company clerk who does the same kind of jobs as Radar. Scooter gets coffee and so on. Radar gets coffee and so on. Scooter handles the lineups for the shows and tells people when they are going on. Radar tells his superiors when they are wanted for surgery and so on. Scooter talks in the same way as Radar to his superiors. You know yes sir and by their last name. Then like Radar with the Hawkeyes who he is more friends with he calls them by their first name. I.E Kermit and so on. Hotlips makes Radar nervous, Piggy makes Scooter nervous. Radar calls Hotlips Maim, Scooter does the same with Piggy. Hotlips gets mad at Radar for being a whimp. Piggy gets made at Radar for being a whimp. Hotlips and Piggy both get mad that Radar/Scooter boldly stand up for them in office politics situations. Scooter and Radar both have non-assertive behavior. Scooter announces people on the intercom, Radar announces people over the intercom. Scooter and Radar have the same glasses. Scooter looks like a White Wigger version of Radar. Scooter and Radar are both about the same age -18- and both humans. Anything said otherwise about Scooter's origin is noted by the expert to be a joke and that it is accepted that Scooter is a boy. Now you can understand why they'd turn Hotlips into a pig. There are already other conincidences with MASH on TMS to the point where the Scooter/Radar connection is at least suspicious. Miss Piggy even gets the same perm at the same time as Swift. So why if there are these Swift/Piggy similarities would it be a major streach for Scooter to be Radar? I not saying so I'm just saying there are a lot of reasons to suspect it. Until I find expert proof otherwise I am sticking to my story. And your picture of him is from Muppet Babbies not TMS.

While Kupra is a MAJOR strech- why not Rich, Evans or Roach?- I believe Zoots is probably the guy from SNL. Henson did work around him. I guess that's why it was so hard to me to place Zoots- he's based on a fairly obscure guy. Keith Moon plays the drums like that, would talk with a mad laugh that is in the spirit of Animal, and sometimes when he was in his crazy mode talk like Animal and in his later stage had the beard and longer hair. So I definately can see how Animal could be Moon. But again he could also be some more obscure guy Henson knew. But he has a lot of Moon's qualities.

Q: IF NOT RADAR THAN WHO IS SCOOTER?

Isn't it amazing how the major muppets are modeled after real people.

:big_grin:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
1) I'll assume that you meant this as a reply to the "Who are the Muppets" thread, and accidentally hit the "new topic" button by mistake.

2) Stand by for rebuttal!

Scooter talks in the same way as Radar to his superiors. You know yes sir and by their last name.
This doesn't work ONLY because the Muppets, at least, have no last names. I mean, does he call Kermit "Mr. Frog?" No; he calls him "Chief," "Boss" and Kermit." He calls Gonzo "Gonzo," Fozzie "Fozzie," etc. The only other person he addresses with a title is Piggy, leading to...

Hotlips makes Radar nervous, Piggy makes Scooter nervous. Radar calls Hotlips Maim, Scooter does the same with Piggy. Hotlips gets mad at Radar for being a whimp. Piggy gets made at Radar for being a whimp. Hotlips and Piggy both get mad that Radar/Scooter boldly stand up for them in office politics situations.
First off there, Piggy makes EVERYONE nervous. That's why he calls her "ma'am" (and that's ma'am, not maim; maim is what Piggy would do to anyone who got between her and Kermit). Secondly, I've never seen Scooter stand up to Piggy about anything, probably because there's never been anything for him to stand up to her for. Additionally, Scooter has helped Piggy in a couple schemes to get Kermit to notice her (for instance, the episode where she tries to convince Kermit how big a star she really is and got Scooter to help; he bribed the audience to cheer for her, had all sorts of flowers and stuff delivered to her dressing room, etc.). Maj. Houlihan would never have done anything like that with Radar.

Until I find expert proof otherwise I am sticking to my story. And your picture of him is from Muppet Babbies not TMS.
You want proof? Read this, written by Gorgon Heap in the "Who Are the Muppets" thread:

Re: Miss Piggy and Loretta Swit

maynard-

In the Muppet Show with Loretta Swit, Miss Piggy gets fired by Kermit for planting items about them in gossip magazines. Kermit has Loretta take Piggy's place in Vet's Hospital and Pigs in Space. During Pigs in Space of course the whole thing is resolved, and at the end, Loretta says:

"I hope no one out there believes that I was really trying to take over for Miss Piggy. Because you know when a great actress and a great star has developed a role it's impossible for another actress to fill her shoes."

Miss Piggy walks in wearing Loretta's MASH outfit.

Piggy: "Ha ha ha... Funny, the shoes don't fit."

So the gag was related specifically to the episode, due to the fact that the guest star was filled in for the recently-fired Miss Piggy at the last minute. Piggy was based, as has been said, on Peggy Lee, at least her design. Her character came quite on it's own.
So since the Loretta Swift/Piggy connection was related soley to the show on which she guest starred, then your Radar-Scooter connection holds no grounds. Yes, their characters are similar, but one was not based off the other. Gorgon Heap put it best in that same thread:

The Muppets are the Muppets.
Oh, and about my picture of Scooter...since I'm assuming you're referring to my avatar, then you are WAY off base. That's not Scooter; that's Skeeter, Scooter's twin sister from Muppet Babies.

-Kim

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Funny, Margaret always reminded me of Piggy....

I wonder why :stick_out_tongue:

- Billy :cool:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Scooter is much more intelligent than Radar, who according to Trapper "has the IQ of a houseplant". Scooter is more clever and, on occasion, more devious, assisting Miss Piggy in her schemes either for cash or to avoid bodily harm. I don't see any similarities other than their station and they both wear glasses.

Zoot is named after Zoot Sims, but his looks are modeled after Chuck Mangione and others (I forgot the two others mentioned; www.electricmayhem.net has been down a long time).

Trying to convince us that the Muppets are modeled after real people won't work on us. For one thing, they're not, except in your mind. For another thing, to suggest that the Muppets, the whole reason that this forum exists, are merely plagiarized copies of real people would offend some, if not many of us. It gets my goat for sure.

Furthermore, your arguments take in only surface aspects, and for all that you don't seem to really know your Muppets. Fozzie is a bad comedian, but this is offset by his positive mental attitude and the fact that he's trying so hard and wants so desperately to be funny that he becomes endearing. Berle was nothing like that at all.

Hot Lips and Piggy are both aggressive blondes, but other than that are not alike. Piggy is also an egomaniac, at least on the outside, but has many private doubts and vulnerability, which are covered up by her ego, her tremendous force of will, and of course brute strength.

And Gonzo is not Klinger. Klinger did what he did to get out of the army. Gonzo does crazy acts because he seriously believes that they are high art and that by doing them he is bringing culture to the masses.

The Muppets are originals for the most part; only smaller characters were based off of others, and where they are it is admitted.

Isn't it amazing how the major muppets are modeled after real people.:big_grin:

I will come out and say it: YOU ARE WRONG. You have presented no solid evidence, only your opinion, and forgive my bluntness but I am tired of your incessant attempts to prove something so far-fetched.

I suggest you become more acquainted with the Muppet characters before you lower them to the status of mere copies.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole