Scariness Begins at 40

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Chapter 0: Prologue.

Eveningtime hit the castle in a rather pleasant chill. True, noone was rully caught unaware by it, they welcomed the night in the town of Numbervania. A blue-skinned secretary dressed in her scarlet pageant gown replaced the ancient phone back on its receiver from her seat behind the main desk at the Resergraivtion Hall living room area. She flipped back to stare at the creepy old clock, sighing in relief that her shift was finally over. Thankful she'd finished for the night, she picked up her purse and filed out through the castle's rear entrance. As she left, a small brown bat flittered about the room gripping a clipboard in its claws. Names had been checked off as the secretary indicated upon confirming the invitations. Preparations had been made for months and now they were about to have one humdinger of a party. At least, once everyone arrived that is. Especially a strange man whom the master had personally met so as to have the citizens of this weird world counted and documented. Yes, the castle slept tonight, but would be bustling with haunted delight tomorrow.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Ooooh. I always heard 30 was the scary part, LOL.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh, yeah... Thing is it's rully a reference to a sketch from Sesame. This is my old rehashed story... Hopefully this time I can add a bit of more diversed narration/action inspired by the haunters' portraits.

BTW: Kell, couldya send me Zondra's descript? Thanks.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
OMG Ed! That's gotta be the most interesting prologue to a story I've ever read!