Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
See and that's where I disagree. (Not entirely. I don't see the Muppet brand to be as huge or reather big as it once was. Coupled with the economic factors. Facts, are facts. But I see what is going on over at MR. They're bought out whilst trying to produce something four times the size of Kermit, and two times the size of Animal. A product that obviously had dissapointing sales. I've said it before but I cannot believe they have that kind of price cut on them, They were both released less than a year ago!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
See and that's where I disagree. (Not entirely. I don't see the Muppet brand to be as huge or reather big as it once was. Coupled with the economic factors. Facts, are facts. But I see what is going on over at MR. They're bought out whilst trying to produce something four times the size of Kermit, and two times the size of Animal. A product that obviously had dissapointing sales. I've said it before but I cannot believe they have that kind of price cut on them, They were both released less than a year ago!
I think the damage has been done already. Poor product photography, distance from fans/customers and material research that hindered the bottom line combined with the economy, the special nature of the items, the absence of the Muppet characters in popular culture (until recently) and the regime changes over at MR all contributed to the poor sales.

I think something can be salvaged from it – if not posers than signs, jackets or even figural bookends like Sigma used to do. I just don’t see any willingness from the MR executives to push forward and turn the tide. I hope they come around. If not them someone else will do something special with the brand. I am seeing more stuff out there and more Oohs and Ahhs from people in stores (that are not me).

Luke

Reaction score
if not posers than signs, jackets or even figural bookends like Sigma used to do.
I don't know for sure but i don't think they have the license - it'll be plush and plastic figures - either non exclusive plush because there are already other people doing general plushes or there'll be something in it to differentiate between the posers and normal plushes. Actually there's another company even doing vinyl rotacast type figures, i think its russian - gonzo sitting on a stool and full length piggy and kermits, and an Animal on a drumkit. Infact their Animal on the drumkit is identical to what MR were gonna do.

Of course they could get the license to do what you said but then will they spend more extending the license given the current Muppet problems.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Whole heartedly agree with that! A set of bookends! I WOULD LOVE A SET OF MUPPET BOOKENDS! Two halves of the mayhem Bus, the Pigs in Space ship, Statler & Waldorf, 6 characters on each side in Muppet Show theater seats? Great idea. Muppet Show director chairs in selectible colors and screen printed names?

Kevin

Luke

Reaction score
Whole heartedly agree with that! A set of bookends! I WOULD LOVE A SET OF MUPPET BOOKENDS! Two halves of the mayhem Bus, the Pigs in Space ship, Statler & Waldorf, 6 characters on each side in Muppet Show theater seats? Great idea. Muppet Show director chairs in selectible colors and screen printed names?

Kevin
Yeah i love the idea of those! :crazy:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score

Kevin
Those are all great ideas! Everyone has shelving and could use bookends even if for DVDs! :wink: I see those as sure-fire ideas. I especially like your theater seats suggestion. :flirt:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Okay folks,

I genuinely do not have a great deal of time at present and also have a very poor camera so please forgive the crude nature of this unfinished 'ad'(?) that I think we should send around to get interest.

Again, it is unfinished as I've yet to add Kermit and a 'Fozzie coming soon' flash - I just want to get an early reaction and comments from you guys...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23001839@N02/2975732968/

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Okay folks,

I genuinely do not have a great deal of time at present and also have a very poor camera so please forgive the crude nature of this unfinished 'ad'(?) that I think we should send around to get interest.

Again, it is unfinished as I've yet to add Kermit and a 'Fozzie coming soon' flash - I just want to get an early reaction and comments from you guys...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23001839@N02/2975732968/
Ooooh! This is what their advertising imagery should have looked like from the beginning. This would sell units! I kind of like the focus not being on Kermit for this, but I guess it is important for people to know he is available too. :smile:

I have actually been clipping and composing an action figure store brochure this weekend and this far exceeds my work. Wow!

If this was just post-Kermit launch and starting now, all MR's ducks (or frogs) were in a row and they used this campaign I feel there would be at least sufficient interest to continue to even Miss Piggy.

You are one talented dude. I applaud this effort and hope you send it to them. :cool:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Ooooh! This is what their advertising imagery should have looked like from the beginning. This would sell units! I kind of like the focus not being on Kermit for this, but I guess it is important for people to know he is available too. :smile:

I have actually been clipping and composing an action figure store brochure this weekend and this far exceeds my work. Wow!

If this was just post-Kermit launch and starting now, all MR's ducks (or frogs) were in a row and they used this campaign I feel there would be at least sufficient interest to continue to even Miss Piggy.

You are one talented dude. I applaud this effort and hope you send it to them. :cool:
Talented? Nah! DESPERATE! I want my bear! ! ! ! ! Thanks for the comments Frogboy, I've just added Kermit and feel it need quite a bit a jigging around but I'll wait for some feedback on this forum before I make any more changes. The idea would be to get this out to as many people as possible and raise the awareness. I genuinely feel that giving it a more nostagic and classic look would be the better way to go....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23001839@N02/2975044589/