Sam's funniest moments.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Figure the trend might keep going. :attitude:

I love in The Great Muppet Caper when he sticks his head out of the door and says, "You're all weirdos!"

I don't remember the episode, but in the first season of The Muppet Show, he helps Rowlf read a poem, and he flubs the poem terribly, and at the end, motioning to the audience, he asks, "Why are they laughing?" It's much funnier than I make it sound.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
On FTB, Sam makes a speech about how great a person Johnny Cash is, but when he starts reading off the titles of songs and movies he did(Ring of Fire for instance), he gets some what shock and apalled and leaves the stage! Ha Ha Ha!!! Question: What all Funniest Moments threads have been done?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hmmm. I don't remember seeing him on "Follow that Bird." I liked his moments in the Rudolph Nureyev episode and the one with Linda Carter. I also liked his role as Mr. Arrow on "Muppet Treasure Island."

BEAR

Reaction score
Sam's bits are always so subtle which makes him so funny. Like in Muppet Family Christmas when he randomly is heard saying "Why am I here?" Love it!

Katzi428

Reaction score
I liked his speech on nudity! Especially when he realized that under their feathers"Birds are completely naked!" and he's a bird! Boy was he embarrassed!:attitude:

superboober

Reaction score
I feel Sam reached his pinnacle in Muppet Treasure Island; I die laughing when we see him still testing out that lifeboat (exactly how far did he row it out, we have to wonder) and upon establishing contact with the others remarks, "By the way, this Long John Silver fellow might not be trustworthy," lead us to wonder why he even bothered to get into the lifeboat in the first place. :attitude:

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
For my money, Sam is has one of his all-time funniest lines in the Steve Martin episode of TMS: "For one brief moment, there was light at the end of the tunnel."

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
The funniest Sam moment has to be the ant and grasshopper fable.

"And so it was dear listeners... (turns page) that the grasshopper drove his sports car to Flordia and the ant got stepped on.... what?!?"

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Blue Weirdo said:
The funniest Sam moment has to be the ant and grasshopper fable.

"And so it was dear listeners... (turns page) that the grasshopper drove his sports car to Flordia and the ant got stepped on.... what?!?"
That was great. And I loved the follow-up with Statler and Waldorf in the box laughing at the sketch, and Sam jumps up behind them and yells: "WILL YOU STOP THAT!!!" with Waldorf cowering down and saying "Why is everyone picking on us tonight?" (Piggy was harrassing them earlier not to applaud Miss Mousy).

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
superboober said:
I feel Sam reached his pinnacle in Muppet Treasure Island; I die laughing when we see him still testing out that lifeboat (exactly how far did he row it out, we have to wonder) and upon establishing contact with the others remarks, "By the way, this Long John Silver fellow might not be trustworthy," lead us to wonder why he even bothered to get into the lifeboat in the first place. :attitude:
I personally thought the same here, too. :big_grin: And when he mentioned that the lifeboat that Long John used was not safe... that was pretty funny, too.

But when it comes to stuff I've never seen myself, like TMS, I'd say that "Grasshopper and Ant" fable bit cracked me up! :stick_out_tongue: