Saban Is Pure Evil!

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Noooooooooooo

OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

oKAY 1ST i THOUGHT HAVEING WB & Nick on Disney's Butt, but know this Company? PLEASE! how mush worse can this sale get? This sale has been going on for 1 year now and is going to end SOON! and All i can say is, Disney WON'T and WILL NOT let the Muppets get out from under there MOUSE gloves THIS time and with all the Disney Stock going up & down and all that other stuff etc, I STILL think Disney wil get them....Im hoppen and pryin too!

and Power Rangers are NOT owned by Saban n e more they are NOW owned by the Walt Disney Company and thats why there on Disney's ABC Kids on Saturday mornings and on abc fam too!

:rolleyes:

crazy ernie

Reaction score
So,since disney owns potty trainers,that would give them a bit of Gollum.my preciousssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
Sorry, couldn't resist. Gollum is my favorite charecter from the lord of the rings.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I'd like to interject that, actually, it's not Saban Entertainment that is buying the Muppets but Haim Saban himself. Saban Entertainment was sold to Disney awhile back - and yes the mouse now owns Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (shudder).

Saban is not going to significantly mess with the Muppets. He made a fortune with Power Rangers, et al not because he loves ultra-violent dubbed children's programs but because he's smart and knew how to sell a show 10 year old boys would love.

Nobody should be panicking just yet.

crazy ernie

Reaction score
Well, Mr saban is Sauron.And all of those black rangers will stand in as the Nazgul.
What do you guys think about the spoof story idea?

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Buck Beaver

"he's smart and knew how to sell a show 10 year old boys would love. Nobody should be panicking just yet."

Umm, I AM panicking because that's all that guy CAN make is crapola for 10 year-old boys.

Can anybody point to a good production made by Saban? I don't know of any.

I'd rather have Warner. Or even Viacom. Or ME with a winning lottery ticket.

Uh...I'm still allowed to disagree with people here, right?

:big_grin:

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
If you count Spider-Man Unlimited, X-Men: The Animated Series (oringal from 90's), Silver Surfer, and others.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
I meant like, creating stuff.

They didn't create those Marvel characters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, Saban does have good shows, like the ones Bean Bunny said, plus Walter Melon, Mad Jack the Pirate (I LOOOOVE piratyes, and Bill Kopp), and Spy DOgs (which is suspiciously like my cartoon idea, Skunk Squad). Unforutunately, these were on olny a season (two seasons if you're lucky) because Power Rangers is his little cash cow!

(If you want to know, I wrote a rousing parody of the Rangers called Super Powered Rescue Rangers Time Bores, in the end, Monterey Jack uses that "magic wand" to make him grow bigger, and beat the heck out of "Hire'em Subpar," my name for the owner of the company, until he promises to cancell the show.)

I sure hope to GOD that Saban doesn't even have power over any Muppet thing. I just hope he keeps "Philanthropist (sp) Distance," menaing, he buys Henson, and lets Henson jolly well run the company any way they want!

But COME ON!!!! This still isn't that great of news!

danielromens

Reaction score
Well if you consider getting a huge audience and making an A$$load of money good, I'd say power rangers and digimon.

I work at a DayCare and I've not once seen any of these kids come walking in with or wearing Kermit and Co.

Hey I don't like the shows either but I watched PowerRangers when it first aired and liked it. It just got overused with toomany spinoffs. I don't see that happening here.

I just see a rich man with nothing of his own to play with anymore. I'd rather see him than someone who has too many characters to manage successfully anymore (see Disney's falling stock) I don't see why dis is such a golden savior for you folks.

and some call the henson fans dilussional.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
Originally posted by crazy ernie
If this leads into a lord of the rings spoof story in which 9 members go out to destroy saban,I have dibs on one of the hobbits
hmm..if only we could find someone to play strider

..oh wait! That's me :big_grin: