S.U.D.S. on the Nerdist Channel

Kelso

Reaction score
A Henson Alternative production called S.U.D.S. debuted on the Nerdist Youtube Channel today. Has anyone else checked it out?

I'd like to find out if they just made it as a gag or if this is the kind of product that the Henson Company is putting out these days. It's pretty terrible... and not even in a good way.

Anyway, here it is...

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
There's some info on S.U.D.S. here:
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Simian_Undercover_Detective_Squad

It was created a few years ago, but apparently only one of the episodes had been released until now. I think the Nerdist Channel might be its new home.

I was going to start a new thread about the Nerdist Channel, but I guess I'll just add it here. Yesterday's announcement about the launch of the new Nerdist Channel contained the following quotes:
"I walked into a modest office in Santa Monica with the Jim Henson Company and Broadway Video to pitch to the YouTube Elder Council what we felt was some much needed caulk in the gap of quality nerd-themed programming in world."​
"We'll also be adding a bunch of existing library content from Henson."​

There weren't any other Henson-related details. You can read the announcement here:
http://www.nerdistnews.com/region/national/story/its-nerdist-channel-launch-day

JustinHoskie

Reaction score
I think Farscape is gonna be repackaged and released in Webisodes, and Henson is gonna work on Neil Patrick Harris Dreaming in Puppets. I think there's something I'm forgetting, but that's most of it for right now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seriously. I'm glad this thing has been resurrected. It's internet stuff like this that's going to give Henson the street cred to get Happytime Murders off the ground. Henson CAN do a lot of good if they get it right. Smaller, low budget stuff like SUDS is what they should focus on instead of long awaited sequels/prequels to older movies like POTDC.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
This is... okay, but it's really a 10-year-old's idea of adult humor. The pimp made me chuckle a few times. Otherwise, probably skipping these.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad Goat was funnier. Hopefully the others will be more like that one than this one. But it really seems this was meant to be the first in the series.

I do love Paul Rugg as the Captain, though.