Rowlf on The Jimmy Dean Show

BradFraggle

Reaction score
I'm looking for anyone out there with information on individual Rowlf & Jimmy Dean sketches from "The Jimmy Dean Show". Over the past month I've been working on the Jimmy Dean Show article on Muppet Wiki (see it here). I've read Jimmy Dean's autobiography (which is a great book) and scanned tons of interviews and articles. I got pictures, and made a sketch transcript and searched high and low to gather info on the page. And with the help of all the other editors at Muppet Wiki lending a hand at clean-up, revisions, input and additions, I think it has really come together as a great article with a lot of information many fans might not know. The only thing missing is more information on individual sketches. Rowlf was on the show for 3-years and was in every episode…and we only have information on five sketches.

I know that the Museum of Television and Radio has a bunch (and hopefully I can get out there by the end of the year). I know some have been shown at some of the Henson legacy events. And I know some episodes of Jimmy Dean exist in other forms out there. So if anyone has ever seen any Rowlf/Jimmy Dean sketches and could provide details (such as a brief summary) I, and probably other members of the community, would be eternally grateful.

If you've never seen a Rowlf/Jimmy Dean sketch well here's my gift to you (watch one here) and you can also read the summaries of the few others we know of on Muppet Wiki. Hopefully once I get out to MTR I can report back with more information on other specific sketches (unless someone here beats me to it…and I hope someone does).

:sympathy: Thanks.