1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

RIP Larry Hagman

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Nov 24, 2012.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I honestly haven't really seen a whole lot of Dallas, though I am familiar with his character of J.R. Ewing.

Still, it's really I Dream of Jeannie that I got to know him from, and I thought he was great on it, it's certainly one of my all-time favorites.

I wasn't aware that he was currently battling throat cancer, but I didn't think he was looking too awfully healthy for some time now.

*Cue more whining about what a sucky year 2012 has been with everybody dying*
    Bill Bubble Guy likes this.
  2. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

I'm very sorry to hear this. Michelle and I were hoping to have a Dallas marathon sometime during my visit. How sad to hear about his passing. :cry:
    muppet baby likes this.
  3. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

i am so sad to read of Larry"s passing i grew up with both dallas tv show and i dream of jennie now own both series complte on DVD and love them dearly to this day i am so sad to know that he was so ill had no idea the cancer was that bad it was told in the madia that it was not thoat or liver cancer at this time but anoter form i wa surprised to hear of it being thorate cancer was glad to hear that Lida gray was by his side when he passed along with his close friends and his wife and family .

he was back in Dallas the town he loved so much , i got a chance to have a jennie bottle singed by barbra eden and the bottle creater was going to send to larry to singn but we forgot to do that at the cebrty show in 2o1o will regret that forever .
    Larry is one of my all time faverite actors will miss him so much i know he looked in faling health in the last 2 or so years so sad to know that he died during the thanksgiving weekend i lost my grandfather darwood on the thanksgiving weekend 06 in a dallas area hospil in o6 my prayers are with his friends and family a great talent . will miss him terrible could still act just as well as his early years never lost the talent worked until the very end . That is my kind of person
    Love that man Hard work funny love you Larry RIP Dance with Jesus in heaven .

i am still in a bit of shock and sad love you fun memerories your talent brought fun into my life always will live on sad you are gone still to early but love the time you where blessed us on earlth . RIP . Larry see u in heaven brother

one more thing i wanted to say about Dallas there will always be a JR dallas screen saver with Larry as JR on my laptop have had it for monthes since found on the Tv show website .
  4. muppet baby

thank you my darling yes that was one thing that where going to do but did not make to dallas martthon and you could see the DVDs i have the comptele series but time did not make want that to be the first thing u and i do when u come back wathc the comeplte dallas series together i was trying to get my reply to the thread in general but took a few min to go though computer thread trouble werid i love you.
  5. Bill Bubble Guy

I'm so sorry my trip had to be cut short Sweetie. We will watch them next time. I love you too.
  6. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

R.I.P Larry Hagman. I keep thinking that new Dallas might as well be cancelled.
  7. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Oh... not another famous person. Larry Hagman? Darn it! My parents idols are definetely starting to fade. First, Jerry, Kevin, and now Larry Hagman. (cries) People say this is a good year? That's what's wrong with this world. Arghhhhhh!
  8. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

No offense but what happened with Kevin doesn't really compare to people passing away.
    ProboSowa and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  9. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

He DID resign from Sesame Street, but yeah I suppose you're right. He does not compare to people passing away... yet.
  10. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

RIP Larry Hagman. I also knew him more from "I Dream of Jeannie."
    [​IMG]
    Hayley B and heralde like this.
  11. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

So many memories...watching Dallas with my Mom back in the '80s. And then I Dream of Jeanie nearly every night on Nick at Nite back in the '90s. :halo:
  12. Piggy The Frog

Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

I was never really into Dallas, but I've always loved I Dream of Jeannie. RIP Larry, you'll be missed. :cry:
  13. DrDientes

DrDientes Active Member

I love him in I dream of Jeannie! :cry: I can't believe he's gone...
  14. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

Doesn't this statement strike you as a bit petty? It's bad enough that people whine about this to begin with, but by drawing attention to it, you're bringing yourself down to their level. It's the Super Muppet/Baba scandal all over again. They behaved inappropriately and the Mods took care of it. That should have been the end of the story, but for the rest of that year and the ENTIRE following year, you rammed what they did and your opinion of it down everybody's throats. This kind of behavior is petty and childish and I'm getting sick of it. I don't know what I have to do to get one of the Mods to ban me, but that's truly what I want. This forum used to be the premier place to celebrate love of all things Henson, but now all this forum is is a big argument over who took who's crayons.
  15. Bill Bubble Guy

Aw do you really feel this way Brian? :(

I don't think Snowth is trying to dampen the forum. I can imagine how he must be feeling. If all your favourite famous people seemed to be dropping dead throughout the same year wouldn't you think it was a morbid sucky sort of year too?

I really don't think the Henson atmosphere is really all that bad. I'm saddened that you disagree. :(
    heralde and muppet baby like this.
  16. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

I really do feel that way, Marty, and I never thought the day would come when I did. And let me clarify: my above post was not strictly directed to Snowth (although he really does need to learn to let things go).
  17. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I'm just parroting what others have been saying throughout the year: that there's been too much whining about 2012 being a sucky year, all because of excessive number of celebrity deaths, mr3urious drew attention to it some time back. MC has a habit of overracting to unpleasant news, or otherwise differences of opinion, and when that happens, most people are suddenly like, "WAHH!!! THERE'S SO MUCH NEGATIVITY AND PESSIMISM ON THIS FORUM! MAKE IT STOP!!!" Not as bad as it was there for a while, but again, as others have pointed out, any more, whenever somebody dies, there's the inevitable, "WAHH!!! THIS IS WHY 2012 HAS BEEN A SUCKY YEAR!!!" comments from some people. Again, I'm not the only one who's said any thing about it... heck, this thread was the FIRST time I actually said any thing about it, so I don't understand why you're suddenly singling me out, Brian; I admit that probably wasn't the wisest thing to add to the original post, 'kay? Again, I'm just parroting what others have pointed out.
    Bill Bubble Guy and heralde like this.
  18. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I never really saw all that much of Mr. Hagman, but regardless, rest in peace, Larry, you will be missed by many.
  19. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I usually never watch Dallas but I miss you, Larry Hagman. Thank you for all your incredible work that entertained us.
    R.I.P :cry:
  20. muppet baby

i agree with you marty if you want to say that it is a sucky year that all your faverite famous poeole are dying then so what it is a place where we want to say that we are sad about something and want some surrport i know that is what jim would want a pleace where we could so love for all his work but also be a family of love and surrport .