RIP Donald Trump Presidency

MWoO

Reaction score
Trump's lawsuit in PA cites the equal protections clause of the 14th amendment. More specifically, due process. The argument is that poll watchers in PA were not allowed to be close enough to watch as mail in ballots got counted. In PA, mail in ballots were required to meet certain criteria. The argument is there is not way to know if the ballots that were counted met this criteria because polls watchers were kept over 20 feet away. Now that the mail in ballots are opened and counted, there is no way to tell them from the rest. Therefore, the remedy being asked for is that all ballots counted without poll watchers present to verify be disqualified. If that happens, PA goes to Trump. The state courts will probably kick it, but if that happens it will make its way to the Supreme Court where it may win. Still not enough to win him the election, but it is one part of what Trump is trying to accomplish.

Personally, I think it is a long shot. If Trump succeeds, it will cause massive unrest. However, the truth is the election is not yet over. My hope is that Trump tries every legal trick he has and we find that this was in fact a clean election. I don't like Biden, but if he was elected then he was elected. Trump winning by legal technicality, however legitimate it may be, will not help things in the least.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Right. It’s not like playing Sore Loser, but it does question why so many mail -in ballots were collected so early and counted so late.
Keeping poll watchers distant and covering up the windows so people can’t see would send up red flags. Especially in the states where the votes are most crucial. It’s still an uphill battle for Trump, being 56 electoral votes behind.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Plus, the media could have waited to call the election.
1948 headline: DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN!!!

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I heard from a Wisconsin republican lawmaker today that in Milwaukee over 25000 mail in ballots did not have the required photo ID attached and yet were counted anyway. Milwaukee was 90%+ for Biden. Biden won Wisconsin by approximately 20000 votes. You do the math. If the Republicans succeed in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania the dominoes began to fall.

Last edited:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
But let's face it. The Republicans aren't going to win in court. The evidence of voter fraud is weak. They know it. But they will keep it up as long as the senate majority is undecided. Its currently tied at 48 seats for each. 2 states still outstanding are expected to go republican. Two seats in Georgia are set for a special runoff election. If the Republicans win one of those they retain control of the senate. If the democrats win both seats in Georgia the senate is tied at 50-50 and vice president Harris casts the deciding vote. It is the difference between a Biden administration going unchecked or not. This whole legal battle over votes is a way to keep the republican and Trump base energized. If you live in Georgia I feel sorry for you. You are about to be hit with well over $50 mil in political ads.

MWoO

Reaction score
If we end up with an unchecked Biden/Harris administration, they better make this the best 4 years this country will ever have. There will be no one to blame if they can't get stuff done.