Raise your hand if you HATE UPS!

scarecroe

Reaction score
I love UPS. Of course, I live in a one-family house in a nice neighborhood. UPS won't leave packages at the door in an apartment complex or at a house in a sketchy area.

Cory, after the person you spoke with on the phone would not let you know where the shipping center at which your package was being held at was, you should have taken his/her name and asked to speak with his/her manager.

I also love UPS's tracking system. I love how every place I order from (except Palisades) gives me a tracking number that I can look up on the UPS site and see what its' ETA is and where in the country it is. I hope Palisades starts forwarding the UPS tracking numbers for their orders to their customers as it's very handy.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Re: Jes,

Originally posted by *Warrick*
*Sings*
Jes and the UPS man sitting in a tree...

JOFL! Warrick he is old enough to be my grandpa!!!

beaker

Reaction score
Ack, I guess maybe its a regional thing. My local USPS to me is the choice I prefer...another thing UPS sure take a long time. If Palisades were to ship something to me via USPS on the West Coast, it would take a few days tops. Via UPS? Two weeks at leats from last I remember.

karmadorje

Reaction score
ARRRGGGHHH!

I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate UPS. My first package, Vanishing Cream Beaker, arrived crushed and Vanishing Cream Beacker's Box is pretty messed up. Today, IS Fozzie shows up, the box is totally crushed. This time I ordered two and amazingly one showed up unharmed. The other is totally demolished. They need to either switch to USPS, I've never had these problems with them, or use stronger boxes! I'm just glad I ordered two this time so one arrived undamaged. I still have no mint in box VC beaker because of UPS.

Karma Dorje

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The frogboy breaks his silence

I have had several problems with UPS from destroyed, mangled and lost packages to them leaving slips when I have made it a point to be home. The US Post Office is actually much better and reasonably priced. Never had a problem with them. UPS is rather frowned upon in my circles. The jobs I have had in San Francisco and Houston won't send UPS, they only receive UPS packages from others.

UPS is a fact of life unfortunately, but if you are on the ball - and keep on the people (i.e. respectful complaints and vigilance) the problems are not as big of a deal.

I actually received a mangled box from he collector's club Thursday. Fortunately the contents were in good condition this time. But it is rather amusing to see the driver hand such a package to me with a smile on his face. I actually asked if he'd run over it with his truck. :smile:

zachatack

Reaction score
Just hearing all these stories again makes me get anxious. I remember all those calls of "not being able to pick up" my packages. USPS for me has always been the best, and if it is a matter of tracking, a delivery confirmation only costs 45 cents, and does exactly what UPS does. it's just that companies are very used to the shipping companies because they provide all the mechanics and equipment to use, and it's easier to track. But you are right, damage, damage, damage. Palisades will have to pack up these super duper to not have damaged items.

ttrentham

Reaction score
My Collectors Club package was mangled as well. I even posted pictures of it on another thread. Ken Lilly posted in a thread on the Simpsons Collector Sector message board that Palisades is looking into why so many of their packages are being delivered in such a poor state.

incredeeble!

Reaction score
that's an easy question to answer. I knew 2 people a couple years back who worked for a UPS warehouse in town. I'd hear them talk about how they'd have deadlines to meet in packing trucks. They would require to have so much packed per hour or something. So they woud throw and kick the boxes at times. They don't work for UPS anymore but they would get a kick at talking about it.

So I think, no I know, that the employees are the major problem for munched boxes. That's why I never use UPS...