Rain Falls

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Chapter 6

There was no living with Oscar anymore. He was ruining the street, and everyone knew that something had to be done.

Hooper’s Store was never as crowded as the day Gordon called everyone together to discuss this problem. Although this was so, nobody was buying anything…. which was unfortunate for Mr. Hooper, who sat in the corner shaking his head.

Bob was leaning up against the counter, very distraught over this whole situation. And somehow, everyone’s grievances seemed to be aired towards him.

“We have to do something,” Gordon stated. “Have you seen it out there? There’s trash piling up all over the street!”

“He wouldn’t take this old newspaper,” The Count exclaimed, holding up the paper. “And it’s thirteen months old! One month! Two months! Three—“

“I tried to give him this broken umbrella,” Susan said, displaying the old bumbershoot (parasol), “but he just shouted at me to scram!”

“He wouldn’t even take my rusty trombone,” said a very disappointed Ernie. “I can’t play a rusty trombone!”

“Ernie,” Bert said, “you can’t play a regular trombone, either.”

“Oh, right,” Ernie said. “Maybe it was the glockenspiel.”

Ernie laughed, but everyone else groaned.

“He threw this melon back at Mr. Snuffleupagus!” Big Bird cried out, but nobody would hear of the bird’s “imaginary” friend. “It’s true! It’s true! He did throw it at Snuffy!”

“Those vines are starting to take over the whole street,” Gordon said.

Maria stood at the doorway, silent. She knew Oscar had changed, and she herself now had much she could say negatively about him, but just couldn’t. The matter was private, and she still had some attachment to the Grouch. Still, she knew something had to be done to stop his madness.

Bob couldn’t believe his ears. “What are you saying?” Bob finally spoke up. “You want him to be a Grouch again?”

“YES!” the room shouted in unison.

Bob shook his head. He couldn’t believe his new friend would behave as they stated, he hadn’t yet witnessed any of this.

“But,” he said, “Oscar’s become so pleasant! He’s happy. I like Oscar when he’s happy. I get along with Oscar when he’s…”

It was at this time that Bob looked out the window at Oscar, and saw what had become of the Grouch. There he was, jealously guarding his home and his plants. He’d become a protective, paranoid, somewhat sinister creature. The trash was indeed piled up high on Sesame Street.

Bob gave up. He saw for himself that something had to be done, as Gordon said.

“I’ll go talk to him,” Bob said solemnly. He headed out to speak with Oscar.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
O-O... Confrontation time. Still waiting for more to be posted. Please?

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh, I love this story! It was so interesting to see the new Oscar, and then to see his personality change again was very intresting! I liked the way Beth described it, creepy!
Justin, you're a wonderful author, and I always look forward to reading anything you right!
:smile:
:super:
:grouchy:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Thank you, Fragglemuppet. :smile: And thanks to everyone reading this (and those of you reading who enjoy it).

Bob (grabs Oscar Homer Simpson style): BE A GROUCH, DANG IT!

LOL ... :big_grin:
HA! You have no idea how much I want to steal that from you right now. :stick_out_tongue:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Kind of funny, but last night the Billy Joel "Don't Go Changing" came up on my music mix on my iTunes and I thought of this story! We love you as a grouch Oscar! So be a grouch! Love this story!