Questions about The Muppet Show on Tour

Lewis_Kazagger

Reaction score
Does anyone know more about the Muppet Show On Tour that took place in the mid-1980's? I'm wondering if it was financially successful (I know Sesame St. Live did really well for years), how many cities it got too, and who produced/performed/wrote it. Or, just general memories of it would be cool too.

I saw it when I was about 5 or 6 in Minneapolis, but my memory of it is fuzzy. The only skit I remember was Octupus' Garden (so it might have been just skits copied from the Muppet Show). I also got a couple buttons and some thin felt "signs on a stick" of Gonzo and Kermit. However, the unquestioned highlight of the night was getting an actual kiss from the costumed Miss Piggy character when she came into the crowd!! Of course, who knows who was actually inside that costume....

Also, how did the Muppet movies do at the box office? I think I'm just trying to get a feel for how popular the Muppets were in their "prime" of the late 1970's and early 1980's.

Muppet1985

Reaction score
if Anyone see the Muppet Show On Tour,Talk to Us about it and did any one have pics of it, put it on this Thead Please

Muppet1985

Reaction score
Lewis Kazagger

tell us the Arena You Saw it at and if you took Pics? scan them