Questions about anything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's been about a year now, and I'm curious about something: whatever happed to that jit who went ham in Dollar Store?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Does anybody know why Ziggy was silent in the one Ziggy animated special Ziggy's Gift?

I remember when I first saw that special, I thought he was always silent. At the time I don't think I'd actually read the Ziggy comics (I knew about Ziggy because I knew people who had Ziggy toys), but a few years later I would start actively reading comic strips and was surprised when I saw that Ziggy does talk.

I wonder if there was ever any consideration to make more Ziggy specials. Might be limited since it's a one-panel strip and there aren't many characters besides Ziggy (but today when most kids shows have a more limited number of characters, that could work for a Ziggy series), but the one-panel format didn't stop Family Circus from getting three specials (is the Family Circus movie still in development/production/scheduled for release), Marmaduke getting a movie (has Marmaduke had other adaptations), or Dennis the Menace from getting a lot of adaptations (including a live-action series, two animated series, and several live-action movies). In fact I wonder how they were able to develop the Dennis the Menace characters so well considering it's a one-panel strip (I guess they took advantage of the Sunday strips for development).

Incidentally, a few nights ago I dreamt that I was working on an animated Ziggy series... And even working on future format changes before the show even started (which the studio or network was willing to do when the time came). I dreamt I was working on The Ziggy Show, a single-narrative half-hour show, and planned for season two or three to become "Ziggy and Friends" and be formatted like Rocky and Bullwinkle (only the Ziggy segments wouldn't connect), and THEN for the next season planned to expand it to a full hour titled "The Ziggy and Friends Hour", with more supporting segments, and THEN planned to later shorten it back to a half-hour and title it "The Return of Ziggy and Friends". Given how limited Ziggy is, I'm surprised I would have thought to give him a 30-minute series with a single narrative and THEN change it where Ziggy would have shorter segments per half hour (the other way around would make more sense).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is there some special reason (and I'm sure it's a stupid one) why now whenever you search for something on Google, any result you click on has to open in a new window rather than the current window?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Anybody know who's doing the version of "Land of 1,000 Dances" in this Kool-Aid commercial, or wasit recorded specifically for the commercial?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Can't remember if I've asked this before, but considering Friday night is considered a bad night for television shows, how did TGIF manage to be so successful?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Can't remember if I've asked this before, but considering Friday night is considered a bad night for television shows, how did TGIF manage to be so successful?
It was aimed at kids. I'd imagine the reason Friday night is a death slot is because most teenagers and adults aren't at home watching TV. Kids on the other hand can't really go anywhere by themselves.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
SCHOOL OF ROCK was, what . . . ten years ago or so? Why turn it into a TV show now?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
On the subject of Evolution:
If we evolved from apes, how come there are still apes? 8)
I remember getting a brochure from a hospital once and it had a list of these silly age-old questions that we may never know the answer to, and that was one of them. In addition to that, it also had questions like, "How do those dead bugs get into light fixtures?" "Why do we keep opening the refrigerator expecting something to materialize?" "Why do we press buttons on the remote harder when the batteries are dying?" It also had a country-fried version of the Ten Commandments, like, "Get yerself to Sunday preachin'," "Listen to yer momma and daddy," "Don't be lookin' yer neighbor's wife," and such.