Question about Robin the Frog

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
Recently I watched the first 2 Muppet fairy tale specials, Hey Cinderella (the most bizarre Muppet program I've ever seen!) and The Frog Prince.
For those of you who have seen The Frog Prince, you know that Robin got his start as a young and adventurous prince, before running into Taminella and being turned into a frog.
By the end of the special he turns into a prince again, but this is where I start to get confused...
How did Robin become a frog again?
Did he just run into Taminella again or what? :confused:

Hubert

Reaction score
The Muppets have never had a continuity between productions. Storylines of each production never match up properly. It's like Scooter. In the Muppet Movie, he was said to have joined the Muppets with the Electric Mayhem, as their road manager. But then in the Muppet Show, he came in as a new kid asking for a job. Same thing with this: there's no real explanation. The writers just liked the frog version of Robin and decided to start using him later.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Yes that's probably the answer. Robin got a job with his Uncle Kermit, and was lucky enough to stay for a while.

Vincent L

Reaction score
I do wonder why Robin wasn't Kermit's nephew in Halfway Down the Stairs

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
I've seen a non-speaking Robin (the frog) make an appearance with Jim Henson in the Dick Cavett Show in 1971 for a few seconds. That was after they shown the Sweetums clip from The Frog Prince.

I would say that Robin the Frog was popular enough to join the cast of The Muppet Show, in my opinion.