Question about Janice on Muppet Babies

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yeah, after Miss Piggy, Janice, Annie Sue and Miss Mousey, you really start to run out of female Muppet characters that would fit the bill. I mean, who else do you have at that point? Zelda Rose? Mildred? .......
In any case, I like Skeeter just fine and I'm cool with the way Muppet Babies was handled. Besides, it gives lots of cool opportunities for fanfiction to explain the current whereabouts of Scooter's mysterious twin sister.:wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I guess they really wanted a female Muppet who was really into sports and being active, which truthfully, none of the adult female muppets really fit that bill, that's just my guess though. ]/quote]

That's the only thing that makes the character a more logical choice. But Janice actually did exist as a character, and they never accepted an adult version of Skeeter into the actual muppets... and I don't count any kid's book background drawing either.

But yeh it makes sense that the Electric Mayhem band is older than Kermit and Piggy, like thier aging hipsters, :big_grin::sing::cool:.
That's what I always thought of them... they were a burned out rock cover band that never got the due they deserved, and basically hang around and perform with Kermit because it's a safe recurring gig. A group that seemed to be together for years trying to get small time gigs at best, they're starting to get too old for it, but they don't want to give up the band and get day jobs. I can see their age varying... Animal and Janice being the youngest of the bunch, and roughly Kermit's age. You could make a nice background story about them that way. But then again, I always thought that the Muppets have an exceedingly loose canon that never connects.

Miss.Mousey would of been an odd choice because a) only the more knowledgeable Muppet fans know her and b) let's be honest, out of all the Muppet characters, she may have been arugably, the ugliest one. I can't image her being a good fit for a cute baby type.
Aside from what I usually say about her being ugly and almost pointless... well, let's face it. They never established her as a character, and while they didn't abandon her completely, she just didn't have what it takes as a character to be part of the group. She didn't even have an all that interesting angle... I mean, certainly there was that whole Kermit/Piggy jealousy thing, but we had that with the guest stars... it would have been redundant otherwise. A baby version of Miss Mousy is about as likely that Dexter would have been a recurring regular that got his own segment on Sesame Street.