Puppet Builders in New York

JDAmato

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

JD here-- I've been super busy lately and so I haven't been on the forums too often. In fact, the reason I've been gone is also one of the reasons I came here. I just started up a production company here in New York and we are working on a lot of projects. It is me and 25 of the most talented kids I could find in the NYU film program with me. Anyways, we have a bunch of stuff lined up and there is some opportunity for building puppets and creatures for some of the productions. I know everyone is busy...but I was wondering if anyone would ever have interest in helping build or perform in these productions. If so, just let me know so we can get in touch! Even if you don't feel help to getting on some productions I would love to meet other New York puppet builders. I want this puppet family to get close! Thanks so much! Hope all is well!

Stay Bright!

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
thier are lots of Us in the NYC ,Nj area,

the big question is can you afford any of them?

dont get me wrong some people are happy to donate spare time here and thier but its hard to put on a production with spare time help,
a lot of people will want to be paid , or comensated in some way for their work.
Performance is another story since many people will be happy to add to thier demo reels. perhaps more deatils for potential help would be a good idea.

JDAmato

Reaction score
Yeah right now money is an issue because it's a lot of spec stuff early on. But I was just curious to see who was poking around NYC. We are in talks right now with some large companies and so in the future money wouldn't be an issue. I'll post specifics as soon as I have them-- just wanted to put it out there in case anyone was looking for something to do.

Stay Bright!