Proposal: "Jerry Nelson Day"

dwmckim

Reaction score
Looking for the just the right way to remember Jerry Nelson this week? Well, since he was largely known for his voice (speaking, announcers. characters, and singing), perhaps the best way to do so is to take a minute to observe a moment of silence to symbolize the loss of "The Voice of the Muppets"....but then spending the rest of the time fully immersing yourself in music! Muppet/Jerry Nelson music of course but also listen to some favorite recordings you haven't heard in a while, sing/whistle/play something for someone else, visit a music shop! Along the way take some time to stop and count the roses...and noses...and guys named Moses. And if you're feeling extra adventurous, visit a restaurant where you're likely to encounter subpar service!

By the same token, just as Muppet Freaks have adopted September 26 as "Jerry Juhl Day" (a day to engage in the silly), i propose that August 23rd shall now hereby be "Jerry Nelson Day" - a day to engage in the musical (after a moment of silence.)

I write about this in my tribute to Jerry at Muppet Freak, but i already put the gist of the idea here.

http://muppetfreak.blogspot.com/2012/08/reaching-top-of-those-stairs-fond.html