Preorder the Animal Muppet Replica

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I might be wrong but I think Animal's face is made from foam that was carved and then dyed. I think Gonzo's face and nose were done the same way. It would have been cheaper to do it like that as characters were constantly being remade when the older puppet started to wear out. That's one of the problems that MR are facing I would guess; making a replica that looks like the original but is harder wearing. The original materials would have to be substituted with something far more enduring.
By the way, a big thank you to antonydavanzon for that Forbidden Planet link for us guys in the UK. I was beginning to think I wouldn't be able to afford Animal but I was able to pre-order it last night from that site. :halo: Why do the UK fans always seem to get a rougher deal when it comes to Muppet merchandise? I hope I can afford Gonzo when he is released this year too!

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I might be wrong but I think Animal's face is made from foam that was carved and then dyed. I think Gonzo's face and nose were done the same way. It would have been cheaper to do it like that as characters were constantly being remade when the older puppet started to wear out. That's one of the problems that MR are facing I would guess; making a replica that looks like the original but is harder wearing. The original materials would have to be substituted with something far more enduring.
By the way, a big thank you to antonydavanzon for that Forbidden Planet link for us guys in the UK. I was beginning to think I wouldn't be able to afford Animal but I was able to pre-order it last night from that site. :halo: Why do the UK fans always seem to get a rougher deal when it comes to Muppet merchandise? I hope I can afford Gonzo when he is released this year too!
If you want him quicker you can try Cards Inc.......they are part of MR and are selling him for 159.99. They will get Animal to you a lot quicker
www.thecollectorzone.com

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
no problem mate. Cards Inc are more reliable....so try them for Gonzo and the rest!

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
no problem mate. Cards Inc are more reliable....so try them for Gonzo and the rest!
Do you think there is a chance that Forbidden Planet won't be able to get hold of any Animal replicas or is it that they are just slow? I don't want to miss out.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Do you think there is a chance that Forbidden Planet won't be able to get hold of any Animal replicas or is it that they are just slow? I don't want to miss out.
Well I cancelled Kermit with them as they had 15 pre ordered yet only ordered 5! When i called them yesterday they had 3 re orders for Animal. For me its less risk getting it from Cards Inc as they are part of MR....they gave me £10 off so they matched FP price.......they are a really nice company....and very reliable. Ask for Amy and call 01923 200 138. The last thing you want is a lonely Kermit!

lithiumbrain

Reaction score
It seems to me after looking at a few pictures that Animal's face and body is made out of fleece, but all the hair hides it so he doesn't look too fuzzy. Check out this pic:

http://projects.csail.mit.edu/olympics/04/images/muppets-animal.jpg

I'm not a puppet builder so please correct me if I'm wrong.

On second thought, that could just be died foam...what do I know.
I noticed in some of the more current "poser calendar type pics" that Animal might be fleece, but in all the original movies and Muppet Show he was dyed reticulated foam. In the book "Of Muppets And Men" There is a huge photo of Animal on one of the chapter pages and his whole body including his hands is clearly carved foam.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I hope the Gonzo's aren't too expensive. I may need 2: 1 to play with and 1 to blow up...

So far, though, for the craftsmanship in these the prices are WELL worth it!

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I hope the Gonzo's aren't too expensive. I may need 2: 1 to play with and 1 to blow up...

So far, though, for the craftsmanship in these the prices are WELL worth it!
Agree........I bet you cant wait to own Fozzie.