1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Popcorn Kermit

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by muppetperson, Sep 15, 2012.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Muppet Stuff posted this on Facebook-a new style of Vinylmation.Dont know why it is "Popcorn".
    Looks more like Corn before it popped! Maybe they should of called him Corny Kermit.They will be $24.95 and available next month.

[​IMG]
  2. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Kermit more looks like the shape of a finger nail than popcorn.

Is the Popcorn series suppose to be a spin-off of the Vinylmation series?
  3. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Kermit looks better than that Mickey in the background :o
    jgidley likes this.
  4. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Yeah...I believe the Popcorn series is supposed to be "exclusives" of the Vinylmation series, of sorts.

I think that it is the title of the series because the format of the characters is sort of lopsided, and not proportionate, so that it sort of seems like the character was "popped like popcorn," if you will.
  5. muppetperson

Make that "Thumbalina Kermit" Ha Ha.
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  6. muppetperson

Yeah, poor Mickey is sinking into his pants.
  7. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah... remember the episode of Powerpuff Girls where trying to make more of themselves because the super heroic workload was too great, then they put in the wrong ingredients and it became a hunchbacked mutated giant thing?

Looks like the Powerpuff Girls tried to make Kermit this time.
  8. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I kinda like this figure overall...I love the mood of the way that they put him together. This might end up finding a nice spot on my video stand.
  9. Drtooth

So, are these things at least tall enough to have a 25 buck price tag?
  10. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Ha! That's exactly what I was thinking, Tooth. :smirk:
  11. Drtooth

Paid that much for a Large Japanese import Frieza vynal figure, and it's about the size of Mega Beaker, and it even came with a base. I wouldn't touch that thing if it wasn't at least 12".

Of course, vynal figures don't always have to be deformed or stylized or weird looking (Though, I can safely say that Funko's Pop line blows these out of the water on minimum stylization). I wouldn't mind a non-stylized 12" vynal Kermit figure instead of Bunny Kermit right there.
  12. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

13. Drtooth

25 bucks for 4" of toy...

Yeah

:rolleyes:
  14. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

But it's a collector's toy! *sarcasm*

Sheesh....this is exactly why I have never bought vinylmations or any of those other collectible figurines. Can't justify the price, especially when companies put no thought into them and slap a coat of paint on a pre-existing base.

At least when you buy collectible action figures from big name companies like NECA you are paying for quality at a somewhat justifiable price...not something that looks like a first grader made it in art class...

If you can't tell....I have a bit of a dislike for "modern art" style figures :p
    Drtooth likes this.
  15. Mark Johns

Mark Johns Active Member

My wife surprised me yesterday with The popcorn Kermit. I love the figure and the package it comes in.
    Muppetboy09 likes this.
  16. Drtooth

THANK YOU!!!! The Vynalmations are okay, but not 11 bucks okay. Especially since you can get the entire Disney Store Muppet figure assortment for the same price. Or better yet, the actually good Funko vynals for the same price, and they have Mahnah Mahnah!
  17. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

That's 25.00 I need for groceries I'll pass! There is no way that thing is worth that kind of money. Looks like something I'd find in Party City in the party favor bins. :p
  18. Mark Johns

Mark Johns Active Member

They are actually quite cool and amazing looking.
  19. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Their still not worth 25.00.
  20. Drtooth

You could get 2 Funko Pops for that much. Aren't the Muppet Star Wars figures that much too? There's better collectibles than this. Only thing that's worth the 25 bucks is the artificial scarcity.