Plushes at Tesco

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Also, they've (kinda) had a lot longer to realize that they were a critical success in the US, and the then make merchandise for the UK release.
My thoughts exactly beau, maybe waiting this long was worth it as we get more merchandise. Other supermarket news, asda website has muppets thirst pockets kitchen towels! Tesco website has muppets napkins, and sainsburys has a really nice muppets celebration cake for £8.00!!

Chris

Beauregard

Reaction score
OMG...A Muppet CAKE??? Now I wish I lived somewhere with supermarkets...

Drtooth

Reaction score
^ I think that's got something to do with how The Muppets was originally produced in Great Britain and thus have British roots, so maybe Disney thinks The Muppets would be a greater success commercially over there instead of in America? :confused: Yeah, I dunno.
It's just disappointing there wasn't much of an effort over here. We had some stuff, we had that Disney store stuff that didn't even restock yet (and it's getting LOTS of demand... Pepe's going for a hundred bucks on amazon). But it really feels like we should have had some more. We really should have had some big cross promotion with some product or company. I guess we'd have to wait for the DVD for any of that.

Still, if one other place besides Disney Store sold Muppet plush over here, they would have done pretty well for themselves.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I went in to Waterstones today and they had the same plushes, but were selling them for £8.99.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Crazy how they can charge so different for the same item! Tried two tesco stores now and neither have had them in stock??

Chris

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Me and my Mum went to Tesco today (she said she would get me, for my birthday, the three Muppet plushes I didn't have). The first thing I saw was that the stand of Muppet DVDs that was near the door last time I was there wasn't there anymore (but they are still with the other DVDs).

We went to where the plushes were last time, and they also weren't there. After a lot of looking I found one Animal plush in a box of Winne The Pooh plushes. We asked one of the staff if they still had them, she didn't know so went to find out. About 5 minutes later she came back with the box of Muppet plushes that was there last time. She said that they had been put back out in the warehouse.

Anyway, I now have all 4! :smile:

I'm wondering if Tesco has decided to hold off from selling Muppet things until the film is out over here?

Kermieuk

Reaction score
I seen the small ones in waterstones today for £9 each! They really are Bad. I will buy most things but this is bad! How much are they in tesco, I was told £7!!

Chris