Pics of my Homemade Muppets

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That's the spirit. I am anxious to see it. I wish I had puppet building skills. That's next on the list after I complete my portfolio, job hunt and various website projects (including MC - a lot more work than I thought, but great stuff). I am joining the Bay Area Puppet Guild so I'm sure to have some great people giving me tips! A big quetion about your Gonzo is what he will be wearing! Purple suit or sweater?

BorkBork

Reaction score
well, i haven't really planned how i will make gonzo yet, and not his clothes either :smile:

First i will make a proper sam, then i will probably do fozzie and/or scooter.

Baby steps
-Baby steps

:smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's me - I tend to work on everything at once! "Baby steps" - good idea. Bobo would approve. LOL! If it accounts for anything, i've always favored Gonzo's purple suit. Sam looks totally awesome. What will you use for his featers and the feathered fur on his head (ostrich feathers)?

BorkBork

Reaction score
his feather-like hair on his head will be one big feather. I saw some that looked just like the ones they use for him. I don't think it is ostrich.

The feathers on his body...well, just normal fethers that you buy in a crafts supply shop :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations Anders! You just posted the 6000th post on our new forum. :smile:

I'm really impressed with the job you did on Sam, especially his beak.

BorkBork

Reaction score
WOW!!!! 6000! Do i win a prize now? Like millions of dollars??? Cool!!! :smile:

I'm very happy that you think i did a good job. But i know that i can do better in time. but i am very satisfied with it, since it's the first try :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anders,

I fixed the Beaker links for you in your first post.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, the links worked on Saturday then didn't work after that. They were updated today and were working, but now they're not again.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
About the fabric bunching you are getting in Sam's beak (and I think you mentioned another place). I would suggest sewing the fleece. Cut out two pieces larger than the beak. Take some darts to allow the fabric to take on the shape of the beak. Then sew the two pieces together on the outside edges (leave the back part-- the part that will attach to Sam's face-- open so that you can insert the beak). You want to sew with the right sides of the fabric together so that the seams don't show. Turn it right side out and slide it on the beak. You might have to play with it a little to get the sizing just right. When you are happy with it, tuck the raw edges in and glue it in place.

If you don't know how to do the sewing, ask someone who makes clothing. It is pretty simply sewing and anyone with a little experience ought to be able to show you how to make darts so you get the right shape.

Hope that helps.