1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Pics of my Homemade Muppets

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by BorkBork, Jun 1, 2002.

1. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

****! Okay, i'll fix them tomorrow, I'll post them on my isp's website-area.

Right now i cant do jack...just came home and i have drunk a cupple of beers....you all know that you cant administrate stuff then, right, hehe....

Cheers
  2. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

WOW!! Great puppet of Sam, man! I need that!!

I was planning to do some work on a Mahna Mahna and a Fozzie, but I think I'll never get a chance to with the necessity to begin rebuilding Muley and friends.

You have some great puppet building talents; too bad you don't live near me, I could CERTAINLY use your help!!

Great stuff, and congrats!

FOZ
  3. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

Hey FOZ, thanks :)

Muppetquilter, it's not the beak that was the problem, i didn't do any sewing on the beak, just glueing, cutting and tucking ;-)

It's the lower jaw, look
    here

You see?
  4. Fozzie Bear

BorkBork...

Yah Yah, mon!

I really REALLY do like that.

Gee, I wish I had more time to tackle some projects like that. I still can't find time to work on comic strips or puppets either right now.

Email me some pics of your Beaker and Sam if you can so I can show one of my friends what you've done.

You've smashed my little Swedish Chef puppet I made myself!!

LOL

FOZ
  5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Your Chef puppet still rocks!
  6. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

I think i saw your chef, it's really cool :)

I'll email 'em right away...eeh, what's your email adress?

Anders
  7. Fozzie Bear

Froggie!

You're just way on yonder too kind to me!! :)

The other kewl thing about my Chef puppet is that he doubles as a cranky old man when he's out of that outfit!! :D

FOZ
  8. Fozzie Bear

I just used the email option to send that to ya!

FOZ :D
  9. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

i know...you have your pics in your inbox now :)
  10. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

The picture links in the first post should now work for everybody. Let us know if you continue to have trouble pullling up the Beaker and Sam photos.
  11. Fozzie Bear

BorkBork

Hiya...WOW! That Beaker is Really kewl!

You should be able to find some kind of LabCoat at a toy store maybe in the Kids' costumes section if not by halloween this year! There may be other coats you can substitute as well.

I need a Sam, though; one of the few voices I can do really decently.

FOZ
  12. ButchCat

ButchCat Active Member

Very, Very well done on both Beaker and Sam. They are great. Keep it up

Terry Angus
  13. MuppetQuilter

MuppetQuilter Member

BorkBork

Try running a gathering thread around the edge of the blue fleece before you tuck it under the red mouth part. That will encourage the fabric to take the shape you need and ought to help alleviate the bunching. If that doesn't work, I would try a combination of darts and the gathering thread (so that you have less fabric and it can't bunch).
  14. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

I wanted to rejuvenate this thread, so anybody who wants to make homemade puppets can do so.

BJ
  15. Fozzie Bear

How can this thread help someone make homemade puppets? There's no puppet building information, and the links to the photos are all dead. Actually, this thread could stand to be locked or deleted because it's from 2 years ago even.

Although, Bork Bork had some AWESOME photos of his AWESOME Beaker and Sam puppets, and I really would love to have had a Sam Eagle puppet!!
  16. erniebert1234ss

Go ahead and close it. I see my mistake.

BJ
  17. Fozzie Bear

It's no problem. But I can't close it. WISH we had some updated links though to show the puppets! They were AWESOME!!
  18. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

Well, it seems like people still want to see these pics, so here ya go:

Sam

Sam

Beaker ¨

Beaker

Enjoy

/Anders
  19. erniebert1234ss

Thank you, Bork Bork! What a beautiful Beaker! What material did u use for the head?

BJ
  20. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

Thank You!!

If you read the whole thread, it's in there :)

If i were to make these charachter's today, i would go in a whole other direction with materials ;)

Haha, so funny, this was maybe 2-3 years ago and there's some problems i had then that i have overcome. Real easy ones too hehe....You live and you learn