One of Kevin Clash's all-time best performances...

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
...is, seriously, as Splinter in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie. I mean - wow. I'm fond of that movie for nostalgic purposes, but it doesn't always hold up. But Kevin's Splinter - especially and including his voice, which I still prefer over any other to play the rat - brings such a great dramatic weight to the whole thing. The scene at the campfire made me cry when I was younger, and it still does today. It reminds me of a very close friend of mine, who has spent years trying to find his own peace of mind.

(Scene begins at about :50)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I can't really think of any other Kevin Clash character who sounds like his Splinter. Though I did notice hints of Splinter in the voice of Billy Idle, the singer of Rebel L (his voice sounds to me like a mix of Clifford, Splinter, and a hint of Leon).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
...is, seriously, as Splinter in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie. I mean - wow. I'm fond of that movie for nostalgic purposes, but it doesn't always hold up. But Kevin's Splinter - especially and including his voice, which I still prefer over any other to play the rat - brings such a great dramatic weight to the whole thing. The scene at the campfire made me cry when I was younger, and it still does today. It reminds me of a very close friend of mine, who has spent years trying to find his own peace of mind.
Oh yeah I still love that movie, it's incredible how they were able to combine humor with the more serious aspects of the Ninja Turtles. And yes Kevin did an incredible job as Splinter; he gives the character such authority and presence. And you'd never guess it was him based on his usual Muppet-related work.

Princeton

Reaction score
I can't really think of any other Kevin Clash character who sounds like his Splinter. Though I did notice hints of Splinter in the voice of Billy Idle, the singer of Rebel L (his voice sounds to me like a mix of Clifford, Splinter, and a hint of Leon).
Didn't Richard Hunt perform Billy Idle?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know, when I first heard the song, I initially thought it was Richard Hunt, but by the end I could tell it was Kevin Clash. Man, this makes me think he could have taken over as Statler and Sweetums.

Drtooth

Reaction score
This was confirmed by Chris Cerf somewhere on Youtube. Even though it did sound like Kevin to an extent... I dunno... it's the words of someone who was there over mine.

There's something special about Kevin's Splinter... I don't know what it is. Something that outshines even Peter Renaday's performance in the cartoon series. Even Mako in his last performance in the last movie. There's just something Kevin did there.

If nothing else, it show's Kevin's broad range. From childish sounding Elmo to hipster Clifford to humble cartoonist Elliot Shag to the wise and aged Master Splinter. if that doesn't shout talent from the rooftops, nothing does.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It can't be Richard, it was defiantly Kevin. And I'm pretty sure it couldn't have been Richard puppeteering him, as I think he was performing the second cop that shows up at the end.