Okay, let's imagine this...

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Since I can't think of what else I should post here, and because I was so bored. Anyway, let's all picture what Sesame Street would have been like if...

*Since it was originally intended as a children's version of Laugh-In as they all say, imagine that it was consisted with sketches and songs---cartoons, films, etc. ---exactly like The Electric Company. The human regulars would be the main players, and the Muppets would appear in segments. It would be very hip like TEC now would it?

Okay, now let's try something else...

*Remember how it was all like in its very first episode---and think how it would be like if it stood that way. Oscar would still be a snake-like creature coming out of the trashcan, Ernie and Bert would still have colorful shirts, and Big Bird would still be...well, as you'd all know.

Try something else:

And, in the same way as Scooby Doo, Sesame Street would have been cancelled and keep on returning with new spin-offs.

You'd have regular Sesame Street from 1969-1974, and then 123 Sesame Street from 1974-1976. Then one from 1976-1979 that would be reminiscent of the Sesame Street Library collection. Then in the 80s, there'd be an animated series with Big Bird, Cookie, Ernie, Bert, Prairie, Betty Lou, Oscar, Grover, Herry, Roosevelt Franklin and Barkley as the main characters, going on adventures (with some educational stuff as always)...and so on, well, I'll let you continue with this, but these are just my ideas.

And there wouldn't have been any of the TV specials that came about. Movies, well, maybe.

(let's go back to today)

Whew. That was fun.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
:confused:It sounds to me like the show recreated itself before 'itself' got recreated.:confused:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
muppet maniac said:
Since I can't think of what else I should post here, and because I was so bored. Anyway, let's all picture what Sesame Street would have been like if...

*Since it was originally intended as a children's version of Laugh-In as they all say, imagine that it was consisted with sketches and songs---cartoons, films, etc. ---exactly like The Electric Company. The human regulars would be the main players, and the Muppets would appear in segments. It would be very hip like TEC now would it?

Okay, now let's try something else...

*Remember how it was all like in its very first episode---and think how it would be like if it stood that way. Oscar would still be a snake-like creature coming out of the trashcan, Ernie and Bert would still have colorful shirts, and Big Bird would still be...well, as you'd all know.

Try something else:

And, in the same way as Scooby Doo, Sesame Street would have been cancelled and keep on returning with new spin-offs.

You'd have regular Sesame Street from 1969-1974, and then 123 Sesame Street from 1974-1976. Then one from 1976-1979 that would be reminiscent of the Sesame Street Library collection. Then in the 80s, there'd be an animated series with Big Bird, Cookie, Ernie, Bert, Prairie, Betty Lou, Oscar, Grover, Herry, Roosevelt Franklin and Barkley as the main characters, going on adventures (with some educational stuff as always)...and so on, well, I'll let you continue with this, but these are just my ideas.

And there wouldn't have been any of the TV specials that came about. Movies, well, maybe.

(let's go back to today)

Whew. That was fun.
What do you mean it was created as a kids version of Laugh-In?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Mike, the show was very much based on and infulenced by Laugh-In.

wiley207

Reaction score
The animated "Sesame Street" would have been done by DiC Entertainment ("Liberty's Kids," "Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century," "Inspector Gadget," "Madeline," "Super Mario Bros."), with the original human and Muppet cast providing the voices, and music by Joe Raposo (as well as Shuki Levy and Haim Saban, the composers of all 1980s DiC cartoons).