What am I doing at the library?
I was s'pposed to do a puppet show
Now I'm depressed, and really a mess
Cuz Corning just had one o' their own!

Leaves me all alone here sulkingly
No one has come to see it.
Ah, I guess it's not quite as bad as it could be,
Some kid could be here throwing a fit.

Oh, wait! I think I hear someone coming now!
Aw, dang! It's just the librarian.
She says, "You've been on the computer way too long."
I ask, "Could you repeat that ag'in?"

My friends, they came out of sympathy,
Some of them wanted to see
So we watched as a small crowd this show of mine
Crowded 'round an eight inch TV!

Oh, one of my friends at the snack table
The other one's playing with toys.
Another one's performing a rabbit puppet
The first twos mother's yelling "Cut out that noise!"

One of my friends tries to consol me
"It's really not that bad a day.
Just think! You get to come on this website
Where people don't think puppets are gay!"

My brother comes in now to tell me
"I don't think anyone's gonna show."
I try to hold back a tear or two
But, sometimes that's how things must go.

I try to think of what must have happened
To this one upset puppeteer.
How could not one person have come to this
When we were so popular last year?

Now the time's come to leave this place
I wish someone had come to see.
Anyone, really! I'm not asking for much!
E'en the two old guys in the balcony!

*sigh*
:sing:

But, wait...

Is that a child I see over there
Dragging his father behind?
It seems we've got someone who came to see
The art of puppetry they'll find!

It seems he's drawn in a large crowd!
The room is beginning to fill!
Now, the show must go on for these young and old
And the show will go on, yes it will!

Now, it's all over.
I'm glad I could share.
I'm happy as ever now
But, I wish Byron'd start washing his hair!!!!

It's true! This morning I had a puppet show at the Library where my brother works. I have mentioned that it's been coming up, and it finally came! I thought no one was going to show, but they did, and they all loved it! Even the adults that came!

Thanks for all the support gang! I'm doin' another one in the summer! Hey, Zack? Wanna come down? It's about three hours from you.

Giddy as ever,
Super :wink: Scooter

foofoocakes

Reaction score
Congrats on your show!!!!!

Glad your show went well. Its hard to put your art out there where people can laugh at you. But what great rewards. Applause ans laughter are wonderful things.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Thanks!

We all had fun putting it together, and, I think, the audience had fun with it too. We had one kid there, I felt so sorry for him. His brother moved to Florida, and I guess he's been really... I'm not sure... closed in about it. Really bothers him. He acted almost as if his brother had died. But, my character Don and another one of my characters, Rick, started hanging out with him at the event, and he just opened right up! Rick helped him make his own puppet, and he just had fun. That was a real special moment for me.

How'd you like the song? I wrote that cuz the night before the event I found out some local puppetry group (a representative of theirs came to my last show and tried to get me to join up with them. I don't understand all of what he was saying, but the group seems very... self-involved) this local puppetry group started THEIR OWN bigger, some would say better, show over in Corning. I got really worried no one was going to show up for mine, so I wrote that song. Then, when they did show up, I added those last few verses.

Phew! Long winded!

foofoocakes

Reaction score
To tell you the truth when I first started reading I was a little concerned about your depression level.
I understand your fear joining up with a larger troup. I wouldn't do it unless I had absolute control of my charaters and their development.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Sorry about that.

Yeah, I had no desire to join up with them. And, now I think they're sabotaging my stuff. Well, maybe that's too far-fetched, but it wouldn't surprise me.

The only larger troupe that I think I'd actually join (well, unless I knew the person) would be the Muppets. Like you said, I want complete control, and with them, I wouldn't get that. I'm not too trusting with these local folk!

:wink:

foofoocakes

Reaction score
Remeber imatation is the sincerist form of flattery. If they are copying your stuff that means they are watching YOU. Better yet they think that you are good! How cool.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
True, but that's not quite the right scenario here. It wasn't an immitation of what I was doing. This troupe that invited me to join them (they actually have gone around trying to stop independant things. They like things to be union oriented.) had an Art, Craft, and Puppetry event in Corning on that day, or something along those lines. I don't know if this was intentional, or if it was just coincidence, but it could have really ruined my event.

Anyway, I'm glad it didn't, and I'm glad I'm going to get to do another one in the summer.

Well, I really hope I'm good at this. I like doing it, and I'd like to think I am. If that Muppet Central fest of Kevin's works out, maybe I'll show you. :smile:

Abbysinia!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Re: Congrats on your show!!!!!

Well, now that I've looked at the bad that could have happened...

Originally posted by foofoocakes
Glad your show went well. Its hard to put your art out there where people can laugh at you. But what great rewards. Applause ans laughter are wonderful things.
Thank you so much. The show went very well, and, you're right. It is hard to put it out there like that. I'm glad I was able to, and, I've gotten alot of support from everyone here at Muppet Central!

Thank you all!

Luke

Reaction score
Hey,

Congrats on the show, sounds like it went really well. Hopefully there'll be a place for you at Henson someday !

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Thanks, Luke!

I'd like to work for Henson someday, as I'm sure many on here do. But, I'd also like to try to get my own show. I wonder, if you work for Henson, and you have a show idea with all the characters and such, do you think they'd help you do it? I wonder...

Yup, went great! Next time I'm going to try to do something that's actually within my budget though. :smile: