1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Official MirrorMask Site Online

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by lowercasegods, Jun 15, 2004.

1. beemer

beemer New Member

:(

looks cheap...y computer graphics????
  2. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

Well, like it or not, the Creature Shop's been monkeying with computer graphic characters since at least Pinocchio (unless you count Waldo, who came around in '87 in The Jim Henson Hour), and it doesn't look like they're going to walk away from it anytime soon. However, I feel certain that there will still be plenty of good ol' fashioned animatronic puppetry to fill Mirrormask. I'm still looking forward to it!
  3. leliebel

leliebel New Member

It does stream om my computer without a glitch, which is a first I guess, but the image is tiny!

I think it looks good. It certainly sets a interesting mood. Does anyone know what the title of that son is? It seems familiar.

*gets excited about mirrormask*

I hope it will be out in theaters, this kind of post apocalyptic feeling and the fantasy elemnt would do well in these dire times.
  4. jarethjunkie

jarethjunkie New Member

I must say ive never read THE SANDMAN, but i bought a diary with him on the front, it reminds me heaps of labyrinth.. you know the hair and all^_~
    also, i tried to get the mirrormask trailer, but it didnt flow well on my comp ethier.
    i wonder if they'll release a soundtrack for it? :confused:
  5. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

I just hope it won't be like that horrible animated/CGI movie called "Faeries"
    *shudders at memories* I think whoever made that film made a plastic garden in their garage and filmed most of the footage there.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0233691/

Evil thing!
  6. jarethjunkie

jarethjunkie New Member

something tells me, that i should be glad i havent seen that...
  7. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

Superherohype.com just posted part of an interview with Mirrormask director Dave McKean, who says he just finished shooting the film and explains how difficult it was for him to pull off such a story with the "shoestring budget" that was given to him. It also goes into fascinating description of a couple key scenes. No word on when the film will be released or in what format (theatrical or direct to DVD), but I feel renewed hope just hearing about the progress.
  8. alorindanya

alorindanya Member

FYI: It's being released to screen
  9. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

Man, that's some seriously good news! I'm glad all their efforts to make this film won't be for nothing. Thanks for the update!
  10. Uncle Deadley

Uncle Deadley New Member

Neverwhere

It is.

Actually, this is the original version of the story. The novel came second.:cool:
  11. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I haven't even seen Mirrormask yet. I haven't heard favorable info on it either. What did ya'll think?