Of Muppets and Men Book

scarecroe

Reaction score
I can't believe I can't even say "H-E-L-L" on this board... Kermit and Janice get away with it. Sheesh... and good grief even.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I don't understand why "Of Muppets and Men" hasn't been reprinted. There are alot of puppetry-related books that would do quite well in a limited run including Bill Baird's The Art of Puppet. I think the problem is the large publishers need to sell thousands and thousands to make a reprint economically viable. Smaller, specialty presses would be reprinting books like these and selling them like mad because they are better at selling to a targeted customer base and they know who their customer is.

As for reprinting a book, irregardless of how long it's out of print I stand by the statement that it's completely wrong ethically. What gives someone the right to publish an author's work without permission? I find the whole idea very disrespectful and wrong.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Why not try sending a mail to both henson and Christopher Finch and ask them what they think about it. That can't hurt

They might just like the idea..........

tygerbug

Reaction score
Geez, I have to look in the garage and find my old copy of this book. =) Sad to see it's so long out of print. Good book. I should find the illustrated "Muppet Show Book" too ...