Notifications Problem

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
For some reason, in a couple of threads I have posted in, when somebody posts a new message, I am not getting notified. Is anyone else having this glitch, or is it just me?

-Gavan

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Check to see if you are watching the thread or not. In the upper right at the start of the thread there should be a link that either says "Watch Thread" or "Unwatch Thread."

If the threads you are not getting notifications from say "Watch Thread," there's your problem. You aren't subscribed to it :wink:

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
I checked, but I am still watching the thread. Every once in a while, I will get a notification, but then it will stop for a while :confused: Thanks for your help anyway!

Vincent L

Reaction score
If two posts are too close together, the system will not send a notification.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Are you physically going to the post after you get your notification? The system won't flood your inbox with 200 notifications about the same thread if 200 posts have popped up in it. It will send the initial notification (which will state "there may be more posts after this...") and keep track of where you left off til you visit the thread again. Once you've visited the thread, the system knows you're "up to speed" and will then notify you again of updates.