Nigel

scarecroe

Reaction score
Granted the IMDb has been wrong on occassion, but why is John Lovelady credited for Nigel on "The Muppet Show"?

punchandjewelry.com also credits Lovelady with Nigel for "The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence" and "The Muppet Show."

Isn't it obvious that it's Jim? Not to mention the fact that when we see the puppeteers at the end of S&V, we see Jim under Nigel.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
scott,

Hey,
That does seem weird, But i think hewas probably the one who performed Nigel in the Sing Alongs and the Orchestra Pit.

But we know that Jim performed him in The Muppet Show- Sex and Violence .

See ya

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Re: Lovelady

John Lovelady performed him in the Kaye Ballard episode. Jim performed him before that, but I guess they traded the character off.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

dwmckim

Reaction score
Yes, that's true, Jim played him in Sex & Violence and Connie Stevens episode and then John Lovelady voiced him in Twiggy/Kaye Ballard episodes - plus i believe (going from memory here) the puppeteer credits on The Muppet Show Album lists Nigel as a John character (even though Sax & Violence is on the album when JIM performed him!)

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
DW,

Yep your right,
It is listed as John Lovelady performing Nigel in 'Sax and Violence' when Jim did.

see ya