New Muppets Video: Beaker Sings "Dust in the Wind"

beaker

Reaction score
Heh, I LOVE how they totally captured the sheer idiocy of the way so many people choose to spell online("teh", "FAIL", "liEK oMG!", "LULZ", etc)

Yes, people really do spell like that.

beaker

Reaction score
Seriously? Another Beaker one? Get some new ideas, and STOP having only Gonzo, Chef, Animal and Beaker do the stuff. It's getting old and it looks like you're running out of ideas.
Have you seen Muppets.com? There's some great ones with just Beauregard and Bobo.

Personally, I want to see Big Mean Carl featured as much as possible! :smile:

A video with Carl the big mean monster should be coming soon.
Thats wild, I *just* typed how I wish theyd do one featuring Big Mean Carl, by far one of my favorite of the newer characters

beaker

Reaction score
Negative or not, I am kinda agreeing with Frogster on this. I love Beaker, and he's one of my favorites (as is Chef)... but I wanna see other stuff. I Don't routinely check out XD (as it's so hard to get it to work half the time, even with DSL), and I doubt a lot of casual fans would do the same, or even know about it. I don't see why they don't take more of their XD stuff and put it on Youtube. Not all of it, of course... but they did it before with the Halloween videos. We got a lot of great stuff with Beaugard and Bobo... a lot of seldom seen characters too. If nothing else, these are already made, and give some activity to their YT Page.

There's so much epic win in Bohemian Rhapsody that I'd love to see in future videos. Not quite as large, but certainly digging into older characters. Why, they could even redo a few old segments if they wanted to. I'd LOVE for an internet short with the entire Pigs in Space cast. That's something way different than just the same Animal/Beaker/Chef stuff.
Yeah to paraphrase a new popular internet flame post saying, Disney FAILS with their entire Muppets.com encoding. Why cant they just put all of the Muppets.com stuff on youtube?
Its horrible to navigate that site or even know when a new video is up. Some older skits are impossible to find

Also, as much as Beaker and Chef are in my top three favorite muppet categories, I want to see the OTHER guys.

Mupp

Reaction score
Why cant they just put all of the Muppets.com stuff on youtube?
Its horrible to navigate that site or even know when a new video is up. Some older skits are impossible to find
That's true, It can be difficult to navigate Muppets.com.

Its possible that they might give the website an overhaul sometime, but until that (and if it) happens, it is what it is.
Muppets.com does have its good stuff, such as the "Do Not Touch" button. And I LOVE the secret elevator tapes!
Perhaps someday those videos will get put on youtube. Who knows?
We'll get more insight to the future of the Muppets if they have another presentation at a future D23 Expo.
(D23 has confirmed that there will be another Expo, they just haven't announced dates or specific panels yet.)

And yes, Big Mean Carl is going to be part of a youtube video that has yet to be released. I'm not sure how big of a part he'll play in it, but the video will be "Stand By Me"

beaker

Reaction score
A) Matt Vogel has been recast as quite a few Jerry Nelson Characters, and was suggested by jerry himself.

B) David Rudman has performed Strangepork in the obscure VHS viewmaster game You're the Director Check about 3 minutes in, when he's talking about the Rocket... when he says "Not French Fries...Zee Eifel Tower" It's clearly David. He does it pretty good, and I'd dare to say he'd be up for more lines.
Holy Toledo! 35 minutes of exclusive late 80's Muppet footage I've never seen? Dang, how'd you find this out? Odd I never heard of this.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I liked this video - not my favorite Muppet YouTube video, but I still liked it. I think the use of the comments was what made this video fun and unique instead of just Beaker singing another song. Very funny.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
It wouldn't have been nearly as funny if it was just Beaker singing the song. The joke was definitely in all the comments coming up on screen- all the "flaming" that was going on- that Beaker was taking quite literally to heart.:eek:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Holy Toledo! 35 minutes of exclusive late 80's Muppet footage I've never seen? Dang, how'd you find this out? Odd I never heard of this.
At the risk of sounding annoyed, I actually posted the discovery MONTHS ago, and few people actually saw it then. Of course, it was in the "On the Web" section, and it really isn't all that busy half the time.

The dude that posted that posted 3 of the Sesame Street ones too.

Heh, I LOVE how they totally captured the sheer idiocy of the way so many people choose to spell online("teh", "FAIL", "liEK oMG!", "LULZ", etc)
The fact that it dead on parodies how the internet has become the capital of porly spellled insulz and LOLZ and LULZ and LllllZ at everyone's expense is nothing short of brilliant. I almost wished at the end, they'd pull out to another computer with a bunch of idiotic 10 year old boys with nothing better to do putting up the insulting annotations.

These people have done their research, and they've openly mocked the internet, especially internet videos.

CaptainYoda

Reaction score
This one was pretty good. But my favorite (so far) is still Bohemain Rhapsody.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I kinda figured the red and blue comments were Statler and Waldorf a little ways into it, but it kinda makes you wonder who the gray one was, LOL.